Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.netmagazines.com/categories.asp?cID=9

I just renewed my American Girl Magazine for one year. This is the best price I found.
    Net Magazine's price is $15.95 for 1 year.
    Plus, I got this coupon code in an e-mail RENEW05 for an additional 20% off.
    So, your price for one year is $12.76. The AG subscription price is $22.95, I believe.
    I have ordered magazines from this website and never had a problem. You can even pay with Paypal.

*Marisol_Grace_Girl*

Thanks- I'll have to look into that! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Judi-Thanks! Your timing is perfect-Nicki has been bugging me that she wants a subscription to the AG magazine. I pointed out that she can read it 9 months out of the year for free in the school library, but she didn't seem impressed with my logic. [img]wink.gif[/img] I guess for 12.00 I can make her happy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, that is a great price! Thanks, Judi!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad that I helped some of you!
    AG Magazine is fun to own because you can cut out the little magazines, posters or minibooks that are sometimes included in issues. That is one advantage over the library. This is one magazine (My DD also likes National Geographic for Kids) that my DD reads over and over and saves every copy in a special drawer. I think it is worth it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't looked through AG Magazine in about 5 years. I still have my 5 years worth 94-99, and look through those from time to time, it really was a great magazine when I was at the right age.

Does anyone know if the current magazine is as good quality as it used to be in the mid-late 90s?

I loved the mini doll sized magazines they had in them, I guess they still have those?

Thanks for posting this, I'll have to look at a book store to see if the magazine still holds up to my memories of it when I was younger, if so, 12 bucks is unbeatable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have the historical perspective on the magazine because we have only been getting it for the past 2 years. Some members here have posted that they didn't feel the current magazine was quite as good as before because of the lack of historical short stories involving dolls. Maybe someone can refresh my memory on that. There are still mini-magazines, and I personally think it is a much better quality magazine than just about anything else out there - especially for girls. There are great craft ideas, articles and great photography. I am going to use some of the ideas for my girl scout troop this year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the link! Oldest DD gets the magazine, but youngest has been bugging me for one of her own. Oldest rips out the posters, and has them plastered all over her room. Makes it kind of hard to read after so many missing pages. I like the older version (ebay find), but DD likes the posters, articles from the newer magazines.