Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever changed your doll's name?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've changed my AGT4's name from Elizabeth to Tabitha Liz a little while after realizing I'd want AG's "real" Elizabeth. I kept Liz as her middle name, though [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well...yeah I do. Especially if the doll is stubborn and doesn't tell me her name. *shoots a glance at a particular Gotz doll*

For instance...

My traveling doll, Ruthie, started out as Ann Louise, until I wanted her to be Kit's friend Ruthie. Thus, Ruthie Ann Louise. And now I want her back to Ann.

Marisol was originally going to be Neela...then Clara...then Marisol again...then Esperanza...then Parvati...then Neela...and now Marisol Clara Esperanza, Josefina's sister.

My Gotz Precious Day redhead started out as Julia, then Agnes, then Emily. Now she's between Agnes and Emily.

My Gotz Precious Day brunette was Charlie and is now Elizabeth Cole.

My Gotz Little Sister Tess has been Tess, Isabel, Daisy, Tess, and is back to Isabel...this is the girl who has given me the most trouble.

My mattel Samantha has been trying out names, too. She's been Samantha (of course!), Juliana, and is Claire for now.

I also have changed name of AGoTs I fantasize over. Believe it or not, my AGoT 21 was going to be Sophia Artemisia. AGoT 24, who I don't have nor plan to get anymore, has had several names like Zoe, Laure, and others I can't remember. AGoT 23, another I don't have, has had several name changes, too.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 08, 2006 09:21 PM: Message edited by: PrincessRuthie(Laura) ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep I'm actually going to rename my Kit doll, but I haven't thought of a good alternative yet so she is still Kit until I do. I see no problem with renaming. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I definitely have! My poor AG 21 has had the most names of all my dolls so far...first she was Isabella, then Lyra, then Daisy, then Alice, then, finally, a year and a half after getting her, I found her REAL name - Tora. I have three dolls right now who are undergoing transformations (wig changes, freckling) and are getting name changes - a Gotz Katie, who used to be named Sophia, is becoming Anne of Green Gables, for instance. I've also been thinking of having my Marisol, who currently goes by another name already, be Josefina's sister Clara instead and getting another doll to take over Marisol's current name/identity. [img]redface.gif[/img] I see nothing wrong with renaming your girl. Sometimes the original names/personalities we pick for our dolls just aren't quite right and don't stick!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't forget about Donna Jo Margaret!!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. I know *all* of them, lol: Joseph Alvin Gladstone, Daniel Ernest Tanner, Jesse Katsopolis, (original last name Cochran, and birth name Hermes), Kimberly Louise Gibbler, etc. Sadly, Full House is one of my all time favorite shows.

DJ is my least favorite of the Tanner girls until the later years, when she's with Steve. But she was far too old by then to realistically have an AG named after her [img]wink.gif[/img] . The one where they first say Steph and DJ's middle names, the one with that Oat Boat commercial, is one of my favorite FH episodes [img]smile.gif[/img] .

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 09, 2006 01:11 AM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've actually been thinking about changing two of my AGTs names lately... haven't done so previously, but I feel like it's a good way to 'reconnect' to a doll or make it new again. Always worth a try, right?

mori

Yes. I have only done it twice:
    I had Shadi )my Josefina) until I changed his name to Antef, since I wanted make him egyptian.
    And my Elizabeth doll started out Isabel, but I changed it to Charity. I hate doing that! But so far, neither of them have wanted a name change, so, hopefully they will stick.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I couldn't stand to. See Sara as proof -- I wish she didn't have such a plain name, but that's the name 1996 Me picked out for her, so it's going to stay. (I wish I had at least put an H on the end of that.) I at least gave her a middle and a last name, since I'm not sure I ever picked one out.

I gave Kirsten the middle name Ann, but I don't have the heart to call her anything but Kirsten.

Sometimes I call Jess Jessie, but she understands that it's just a nickname.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cami713:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> However, her middle name is Elizabeth, which, I later found out is the Michelle on Full House's middle name! .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HAHA! I'm a big FH fan, too (and an Olsen fan, as well). As I was reading your post, I was thinking that I'd have to comment saying that Michelle's middle name is Elizabeth, but saw you already found that out [img]wink.gif[/img] !. Stephanie is my favorite FH girl, I want to get AGT3 and name her Stephanie Judith Tanner someday (in the, possibly, very far future, too many dolls ahead of her) [img]smile.gif[/img] !</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't forget about Donna Jo Margaret!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My AGoT3 was named Kacie and she still is but I changed the spelling to Kacey. I wouldn't ever change a name because it would be sort of like if a kid changed there name. It should always stay the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast