Thread: Is there such a thing as seconds?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I am seeing more and more outfits listed on ebay as 'seconds' with tags cut out. Are there truly such a thing or are these counterfeits?

Janie3082

Possibly they are ones people are buying from the Madison sale and selling on ebay? I've never been to the sale, but I've heard the items might be "slightly defective" and have the tags snipped so that the item can't be returned to American Girl.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="royalblue">Ive also seen these items so yesterday i compared the outfits to the ones Curt has on his site and im not too sure about the authenticity.. [img]frown.gif[/img]

I saw a "work gown" (i wont go into too much detail) and when i compared it with the "real" picture the fabric of the dress was soooooo different !! The "stripes" were so much further apart; the "shawl" material was so much thinner and practically see-through on the "one for sale" and the mob cap was "off-color" compared to the original picture.

I wont even go into what the "model" looked like that was wearing the outfit....

I am sooo tempted to buy one, as i would love to know for sure if they are actually real or not, but im just to tight and stingy ... </font> [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The legitimate items (which come from the Madison sale) do NOT have the tags cut out. The tags either have a small dot mark (from a Sharpie etc) or a snip across the tag. The tag is still there.

If a tag is totally removed... be cautious.

Mary Kate

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The ones from the Madison sale also have A little x on their behind. If is says seconds I think it means, that it is from the Madison sale. Not sure though.