Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have read that their is going to be 2 new AGT dolls in September. Has anyone seen them? I know one was going to be hispanic and the other bi-racial. I would love the biracial to have light skin, amber colored eyes and textured hair.

Doesn't their seem to be somewhat of a pattern developing with the new AGT's? I think although they are not identical, I think #23 resembles Lindsey, #24 resembles Kailey, I wonder if the new hispanic will resemble Marisol!?!? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Anyhow, do you think any will be slated for retirement like we saw when the last new AGT's were introduced? If so, which ones do you think they would be?
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We were just at The Place in NY a couple weeks ago & purchased GT15 for my daughter because she looks like one of her best friends. I was told at the time that she wasn't a very big selling doll. I guess if you approach these dolls like they are going to look like the child, then maybe they have figured that they need a little more contrast in their choices, not all girls have bangs, etc. GT15 is REALLY a pretty doll, I love the fact that she doesn't have bangs, & her hair is just beautiful. When we could see them all at once in person, she really stood out to me, so while she may not be the biggest seller, I would hate to see her go away. The funny thing is, they have yet to have a doll that looks like my DD...Elizabeth could possibly be the answer... we are hoping!

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We were just at The Place in NY a couple weeks ago & purchased GT15 for my daughter because she looks like one of her best friends. I was told at the time that she wasn't a very big selling doll. I guess if you approach these dolls like they are going to look like the child, then maybe they have figured that they need a little more contrast in their choices, not all girls have bangs, etc. GT15 is REALLY a pretty doll, I love the fact that she doesn't have bangs, & her hair is just beautiful. When we could see them all at once in person, she really stood out to me, so while she may not be the biggest seller, I would hate to see her go away. The funny thing is, they have yet to have a doll that looks like my DD...Elizabeth could possibly be the answer... we are hoping!

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad you posted that about AGT 15, because I've been debating her purchase. Every time I see her in the catalog I want her!

Now I really want her! I'm going to keep an eye on Felicity-Merriman's auction now for sure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To Mollysmom, My daughter has been wanting GT15 since the beginning of school last year because she thought she looked so much like her new friend at school. When her friend came over to "see herself," she too thought she looked more like her than the doll she bought (GT2) herself.

I can't wait to see the new dolls, I am guessing they will be just great like the last ones introduced. I would not hesitiate to buy GT15, like I said, seeing them all lined up in person, she stood out as a real beauty! We also have done cool things with her hair, for some reason, her hair is easier to work with than Addy's.

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To Mollysmom, My daughter has been wanting GT15 since the beginning of school last year because she thought she looked so much like her new friend at school. When her friend came over to "see herself," she too thought she looked more like her than the doll she bought (GT2) herself.

I can't wait to see the new dolls, I am guessing they will be just great like the last ones introduced. I would not hesitiate to buy GT15, like I said, seeing them all lined up in person, she stood out as a real beauty! We also have done cool things with her hair, for some reason, her hair is easier to work with than Addy's.

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just wanted to point out that based on previous patterns, the new dolls will not be Hispanic or bi-racial...specifically. They may look Hispanic or bi-racial but I really doubt you'd ever see them labeled that way.

AG has this thing about making AGOT as free to the girls for personalization as possible. That's why all dolls are only refered to by light/medium/dark skin, hair and eye color. For the most part, every order processor you speak to should never refer to a AGOT as a specific race and will most likely subtlely correct you if you do.

My guess is these dolls will be bangless for sure. And with a different face mold than normal, maybe Josefina or Kaya. I'm very interested to see what hair/eye/skin combos they have come up with.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

#24 is NOTHING like Kailey! I own #24 and saw Ria's Kailey up close 3 weeks ago. #24's hair is a good 5 shades darker and her part is off center. She also has brown eyes and darker freckles.

#22 would be closer to Kailey hair color wise, but Kailey's hair isn't quite that platinum and #22 definately lacks the sunstreaks that Kailey has.

Doesn't seem to me like they're repeating themselves at all. I hope they continue the no bangs look with the new ones.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Smile

Grapedy...I disagree a little, not totally, but a little. I don't think they're making dolls identical to the LEs, but I think they're making dolls that are "close enough" for those who missed the LE. I really hope they keep that up, because there are a lot of girls who deserve to have a doll, even if they miss the LE boat