Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your Emily looks very sweet! Is it not possible yet to order Emily's meet socks/shoes? I don't have any shoes in my collection that would match her dress, so I would need them.

Edit: I wanted to ask who the couple is from the old photo on your link. They are so cute!

[ September 09, 2006 11:04 AM: Message edited by: tngirl03 ]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, I checked with CS and was told that the red anklets are not yet available as a replacement. I didn't ask about the shoes because I have plenty of similar black ones. Thanks for the kind words about the old black and white photo in my photobucket album. That's my parents wedding photo---March 1944---I agree that they are a GORGEOUS couple (of course I am prejudiced!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

Karla

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh oh oh your Emily is perfect! I love her. Uh oh...
    I have a March 1944 wedding picture also! My grandmother was 20 and my grandfather turning 21 and going off to fly in the bombers over the Pacific.
    eded3d3d

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 09, 2006 04:27 PM: Message edited by: QNPoohBear ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OH QNPoohBear, your grandparents wedding photo is stunning too. I just love that era and black and white pictures! Guess that's why I love Molly and Emily so much. BTW your white-bodied Molly is just precious too!

Karla

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by gmommy04:
    OH QNPoohBear, your grandparents wedding photo is stunning too. I just love that era and black and white pictures! Guess that's why I love Molly and Emily so much. BTW your white-bodied Molly is just precious too!

Karla
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I never realized how YOUNG my grandparents were when they married until a few years ago when my brother and his gf were the same ages when my grandparents were celebrating their 60th anniversary. They were married for 61 years until my grandfather passed away. Are your parents still living? I assume they married because of the war the way my grandparents did. My grandmother did not want to wait! They had a real shotgun wedding but they managed to have a real cake because the next door neighbor was a baker who had squirreled away sugar and flour before they were rationed! I love stories like that. It makes the past seem more real than reading about wars and stuff in a textbook, which is why I love American Girls and think Pleasant Rowland is a genious!

Molly says "thank you I know I am beautiful and cute and SPOILED!"

Janie3082

Originally posted by gmommy04:
    No, I checked with CS and was told that the red anklets are not yet available as a replacement. I didn't ask about the shoes because I have plenty of similar black ones. Thanks for the kind words about the old black and white photo in my photobucket album. That's my parents wedding photo---March 1944---I agree that they are a GORGEOUS couple (of course I am prejudiced!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

Karla
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the info. Your parents are a gorgeous couple! Your picture is really great too, Poohbear, and such a neat story they have!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are your parents still living? I assume they married because of the war the way my grandparents did.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My mom was 19 when she married--my dad was 22. My dad died 10 years ago, but my mom is still living at age 81 and doing quite well. I live 1000 miles from her, but talk to her every evening. My father got leave from his naval ship, they met in St. Louis, took a bus to a small town in Arkansas (where they didn't have to wait 3 days for a blood test) and married. My dad soon went back to the ship and I was born nine months and two days after the wedding (and I am an only child ). You are right---the stories of the era are fascinating and certainly one of the main reasons for my love of all things American Girl and Molly!! You are right about Pleasant Rowland for sure--GENIUS!!

Karla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12