Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we continue with the photo parades?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Originally posted by marymax:
    It's not much fun without Sheila, she was the inspiration for all this...it is so much work...I think I would just rather do pictures...I am going to miss all her excitement and spontanaety...her pics made you want to get out there and spend lots of money and take lots of pictures..
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] GASP!!!!...Where did she go!! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] He-he-he... [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]
    BTW:
    Seriously, I kind of agree about this question. It is very tiring, but one the other hand it gives me something to look forward to do with the morsels. What ever you all decide is cool with me. We do need to keep it fun though. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm for the suggestion to keep the monthly themes, but post albums one at a time anytime during the month. The last two months I gave up posting albums because due to work and vacation schedules, I just couldn't get them done in time. [img]frown.gif[/img] I thought about posting the albums later in a new thread, but that didn't seem right when there is already one.

I love seeing all the albums, but I don't have the time to really comment and look at them all when they are all posted back to back.

But I do really like the themes and it gives me something to do with my dollies. I still have dressed them according to the themes even when I don't post. It's kind of fun to see what I pick out versus other people, etc.

It'd also solve the problem of December, because I was facing trying to find a suitable time for the dolly parade that could incorporate Kwanza, Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Christmas, etc. and yet not burden people around the holidays. If people had the whole month of December then it'd be much easier to schedule.

We could just make the dolly parades (plural, each person start their own thread with their album) start on the 1st and end at the end of the month? Maybe it'd be easier to find them if everyone posted the same beginning to their title: "Dolly Parade: Rest of Title"??? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the idea of everyone posting their own thread, but I don't think that it needs to start on a set day such as the first of the month. That might make sense for Halloween and Christmas, but lots of people are ready for the 4th of July by the middle of June and it would leave very little time for some people to post school pics if we only allow them to start posting on the first of the month. I think that it makes things very festive when we all post holiday or theme albums, but I think people should be able to post whenever they are ready. This would allow people to post before they start school, or go on a vacation, or whatever.

Just my two cents. [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mary, you are definitely right! I haven't been an active poster in the parades because of the pressure of getting an album done in time. And if I do make an album, it always gets fewer views because it's at the end of the thread. I'd rather not do the parades and post pictures of our own accord. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think "Dolly Parade: (title)" is a GREAT idea for separate parade threads! I also agree that posting them any time is great. Perhaps keep the monthly themes around, but let people preface any album that fits into that month's theme use the "Dolly Parade:" heading.

I also agree that you get a LOT less views if you post in a parade, than separately. (*I* still haven't gotten around to reading several of the latest albums in the parade. [img]frown.gif[/img] ) So the separate threads might help quite a bit, and I think it's a great idea!

Finally, it may dilute the parade idea, but maybe there could be more than one theme each month? One would generally be the obvious theme (back to school, happy holidays, etc.) but a second theme would be something more eccentric or open to interpretation (fun in the kitchen, game night, etc.). That way, people who have already made a couple albums for that month's main theme can still have a way to participate without feeling they're repeating themselves. People with lots of time who are having trouble coming up with ideas could even make two albums.

Just a thought. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the idea of having two themes- one seasonal (like they currently are) and one topical (kitchen, garden, whatever).

That'd be fun! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't been able to participate much due to my move. I love seeing everyone's pictures, but I have to take a few nights to view the parade threads because it takes so much time. I like the idea of having the albums spread out over a months or maybe decreasing the number of themes to maybe just every other month. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the parades, but I do agree albums get less views this way. Why don't we do the picture idea and then if you have an album you can make a separate thread about it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so glad Sheila is back....I had decided not to do my Jan pics but since Sheila has returned....I am going to....Welcome back Sheila

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What if we did one thread and instead of each person doing an album, each person could post one picture in the thread that's a scene or pic of their doll in a theme outfit, etc. Then people can just scroll down the thread and see all the pics instead of clicking so many albums.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast