Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should we continue with the photo parades?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What if we did one thread and instead of each person doing an album, each person could post one picture in the thread that's a scene or pic of their doll in a theme outfit, etc. Then people can just scroll down the thread and see all the pics instead of clicking so many albums. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love this idea! I like the idea of making photo albums, though I haven't as much as other people, but I admit it's easier to do a few shots from a theme instead of a whole album. My picture stories are better when they come straight from my head and happen spontaneously when I'm just messing around with my dolls. My two pennies [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by StephanieS:
    What if we did one thread and instead of each person doing an album, each person could post one picture in the thread that's a scene or pic of their doll in a theme outfit, etc. Then people can just scroll down the thread and see all the pics instead of clicking so many albums.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly my thinking! It is more like a parade that way-- everything in a row all at once. One picture is also less intimidating for those of us with less experience making albums. We don't have to be as clever as some members (cough::Shelia::cough)-- we just need one shot that fits the theme. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I would also vote for fewer themes. Maybe just a few each year-- Halloween, holidays, 4th of July and something for spring? Maybe we could alternate between St. Patrick's Day, a general spring theme, gardening, other spring-oriented idea. I'm trying to avoid Easter as that is heavily religious and we are not all of the same faith, I'd like everyone to be able to participate and feel comfortable with the parades. The holidays could include Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan (sorry about the mangled spelling there!) and New Year's so it covers multiple religions and a secular celebration as well.

My kids started school this week and all the fall activities are starting up and I have barely had time to read the forum, much less look through albums but I'm excited for the Halloween parade and hope to participate in that one. The beginning of September is just a crazy time for us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123