Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The good news is that there are still Chocolate Cherry Cheetah outfits for 18 inch dolls available! I had decided that my new 26, Phoebe Jacqueline, needed this outfit, especially after getting the Bitty version (thanks Horsemom!). So I was thrilled to order the 18 inch version for $26 today.

The bad news for me concerns DD's reversible AG Club jacket. DD worked so hard to earn stars for this, and didn't get to wear it until this week when the weather turned. Wouldn't you know it, but the zipper fell apart in her hand! She was so sad. CS was super, but after much consultation said there were no more in stock to replace it with. They could offer me some kind of gift certificate if I sent the defective jacket back, but DD won't part with it and I don't blame her. So we'll keep it as is. The zipper really is cheesy. It is plastic...I suppose they didn't want to use metal because it would so easily snag the satin material. Oh well. A local seamstress could replace the whole thing for $20...I'll consider that since the jacket itself was essentially free.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 13, 2006 09:48 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will have to check about the bitty dress. I want one of those for Marisol, but I thought they were sold out. We have the bitty chocolate cherry outfit for both our twins and their bitty's. I was not at all thrilled with the cheetah print in the pictures, but at the cheap price I ordered 2 sets anyway. Oh my, they are just the cutest!! I got some chocolate tights from Gymboree and brown shoes and they are darling. Not sure it will be cool enough in AZ to wear the outfit too long, but they will make great pictures. I know how frustrating that is about the jacket. Many times I buy my kids clothes the season before when they are on clearance and the following year find defects or realize I bought the wrong size and nothing I can do about it. Good luck getting it fixed. I luckily have my mom to fix everything like that, but now that I am moving do not know if that would be a easy-of course shipping back and worth would still be worth it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just to clarify...I didn't order the Bitty version of the Chocolate cherry outfit, I ordered the one made specifically for 18 inch dolls. After seeing the Bitty version of it, I had to get the "big doll" outfit. Too cute. I'll bet your girls look adorable in their outfits!

Thanks for your sympathy about the jacket. And who am I kidding...DD probably doesn't zip up her jackets when I'm not around anyway, LOL.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 13, 2006 10:09 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, how sad about the jacket!! I had gotten that jacket too, but unlike you I was very pleased with it. I never noticed that it had a plastic zipper. I hope none of that sounded mean, I reread it and hoped you wouldn't be offened. It's great you got the dress though!!!