Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have decided to take pictures of all my doll outfits one by one, accessories, dolls, etc... in case something ever happens to them, say a fire, robbery, etc.... it's going to take me DAYS to take pics of everything! So far I have the outfits that are in two tote bins done, next comes the dolls (american girl and others)... I think it's a good idea to have some proof of what you have, especially collections of value like these dolls... I'm scared to think what could happen if I didn't have some form of documentation to what I had, and if something bad happened!
    EEK!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 02, 2006 10:18 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It may be tiring, but It is defidently worth it. Imagine how tiring it would be to replace your whole collection without the insurance money? [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

T. Lynn

This is a great idea.

Looks like something I can do over the weekend while hubby is fishing and daughter is staying with grandparents.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is a wonderful idea! I post on the Ebay Doll Board, and one of the posters, just this week, posted some pictures from a family members house, after a fire. The little girls bedroom, although not damaged by fire, had extensive smoke and water damage. She posted pictures of all these shelves full of dolls, all covered with soot. There were a lot of AG dolls, and My Twinn among them. There was a lot of discussion on whether or not they could be saved.
    It would be great if she had everything documented like you're doing. I may just have to empty the closets where I have all the dolls stored for my GD, and take some pictures. I already have about 15 dolls put away for her.