Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do they wear casual dresses, shorts, (nice shorts and tops,)? We're going to be there at the end of this week (YIPPEE!) and have lunch reservations. DD (10) wants to wear a matching AGOT dress, and I'd thought of a casual dress as well.

What do you see other people wearing? I haven't been to NYC in almost 20 years, and I remember how people are dressed to the nines (or the latest fashions) most everywhere one goes. DD doesn't want to look 'out of place' w/what she's wearing, and neither do I, LOL!

Thanks for any help! [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wore a nice pair of black crepe pants and a cream colored lycra t-shirt. Not really dressy, but not sloppy either

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bye the way we may be there on Thursday this week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wish we could go on Thursday. [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img] We only have a 4 days in NYC and have so many things planned. (I still might try to sneak there ahead of time, LOL!) From what others have said, one could spend all day, and then a few hours another day!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have fun on your trip. I haven't been to AGPNY - only Chicago. Moms in Chicago were dressed pretty nicely. We went in winter and my DD who is 10 matched her doll. She wore the pink angora sweater with the rhinestones around the collar and so did the doll. I think it was called the Petal Pink outfit for the holidays a few years ago. The doll wore the pink taffeta skirt, but my DD wore dressy pants with the sweater.

Have Fun! You can definitely spend several hours there, no problem.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 24, 2005 10:33 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My advice is to dress nicely but with comfort very much in mind. It's going to be very hot and humid in NYC the early part of this week, maybe a little better toward the end of the week. The store is likely to be crowded, therefore lots of body heat. I suggest natural fiber--cotton, linen, etc., no synthetics--and something tailored but loose. The part of Fifth Ave where AGPNY is located attracts very affluent shoppers from all over the world. It's worth going for the people-watching alone. Have fun!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I was there, a lot of moms were dressed nicely, but relatively casually. I saw khakis and polos; nice sweaters with non-jean, but still comfortable, pants; skirts and blouses, some dresses. Some were dressed in a very sophisticated, New York way, but many looked more the way women do when they are going out to lunch with a friend. A lot of girls were more dressed up - matching their dolls, etc. I agree that you should be comfortable - and enjoy!

Judy