Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm...let me see. I have 3 bitty's (well, two of them are DD's and one is mine). One of them is, I believe, a Our New Baby, because it has soft blonde eyelashes and the upturned hands. The other two I would guess are both from around 1999, and I would say are "transition" babies - their hands are not the same as ONB, but they have the soft blonde eyelashes (they're all blonde hair/grey blue eyes). One of them (a gift from BethMN) also is very soft and squishy vinyl. Our original Bitty is harder - but she had a body replacement due to too much love. Her head is soft. Strangely enough, the limbs on the ONB are harder than on the Bitty.

Did I confuse you enough? If I have time later today I will take a picture - but I'm not sure if it would help, since none of them are "modern" babies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, now that I'm a Bitty Twin collector, I can honestly say that it won't be long before I'm a Bitty Baby collector too. I love the orginial concept of Our New Baby having it be a boy or a girl, especially now since little Matthew (blonde BT) has become my first boy doll. He's sweet as sugar and now I think I want some baby boys too! So my thought is...can you tell by sight the difference between a Bitty and an Our New Baby? More then just the hand position, but a general noticable different between the two? Would anyone happen to have some comparision pictures? Gotta see if my wicked little plan is even fesiable [img]tongue.gif[/img]

GreyMyst

I don't think it's all that noticable unless you have both next to each other. For the most part, they look alike.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't really help you there, as for I never really collected bitty baby or our new baby. But I noticed you are liking the BT.....How are they? Tell them I said Hi!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm loving them! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] They're a beautiful addition to my collection and have currently been camping out in the living room until the sewing room is fixed again. In fact, my American Girls are getting displaced before weekend too. Had an issue with the storage of my stuffed animals, and well, it's been a mess to say the least.

Friday I'm picking up a bench for them at Michael's...my TV unit has three 24 inch high sections, the bottom one with the TV and the top one with my stero, so they will live in the middle and have seasonal displays. [img]smile.gif[/img] I also just got them some adorable material for their first outfits! If I do well on my first attempt to make doll clothing, Wal-Mart has wonderful Pooh, MLP, Care Bears and Disney fabrics that would be perfect for the twins! [img]smile.gif[/img]