Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know, just when you think service sucks, something happens to an AG thing and you realize that someone just might care...

I was ALL excited today; my latest AG purchase arrived and I hurried in to open it. I got a yoga outfit (VERY CUTE - mat's a little odd but the outfit is just adorable) and the bowling party outfit (you get a lot of stuff with it so it's really a good deal).

Well, I spread out my things sitting on the living room floor...and I realized there was NO SHIRT with my bowling outfit! Bummer!

I called AG, and of course they're sending out another one right away, no questions asked. I then asked her about the return label for the Marisol practice outfit that I've been waiting on since June. They had sent me a second one because the tights in my first one were damaged.

She checked and said that it would appear the label was never sent, and that I was free to donate the item to the charity of my choice. Couldn't believe it.

I know that that was probably cheaper for them in the long run (I mean, it would just end up at MCM anyway, I'm sure, without tights) but I was still floored!

So I think I'll give it to my mom. If I keep showering her with things MAYBE she'll finally buy a doll!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL, is your mom really a charity? When they say to give something to charity, they assume you will, and I think it's been said on here that they do something there with taxes. Some people here have posted about some really nice charities they give things to, you should look into giving the outfit to one of these instead of your mom, as AG requests.

But, all the same, it does sound as if you got some good customer service.

I'm curious as to how the bowling outfit could even get packaged without the shirt, how funny.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since Dad died, she could use the cheering up.

I was told at one point that to continually chase down small items costs them more than returning them. Let's face it - the outfit costs about five bucks to make and ship to the US - if that much. Plus, she probably figured after looking at my profile and seeing that I had requested the return label on three different occasions since June, and now I've gotten an incomplete set, I've had enough trouble.

They write it off as a loss - NOT a donation. For charitable donations, the IRS says you MUST have some sort of receipt over "X" amount (and I can assure you AG hits that amount, many many times). I told her that I believed I knew someone who would enjoy it and she said that was wonderful.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope you don't think I was saying you were wrong in giving it to your mother instead of a charity.

It's their responsibility to get it back from you, and you said you'd tried to get it to them 3 times, yes, that's totally their fault, and it ought to be up to you at this point what you do with it.

I wasn't exactly sure what they wrote them off as, I figured it would be hard for them to honestly put everything they tell people to give to charity as actual charity, as they have no proof. Thanks for explaning it a little better.

I told her that I believed I knew someone who would enjoy it and she said that was wonderful.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm honestly surprised to hear this, it seems the CS reps say different things, lol. Your mom will certainly enjoy it, though.

I'm sorry for offending you, which it seems I did, I wasn't trying to in any way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's awsome that they treated you so well! Their customer service reps is another reason why I am willing to invest in these dolls. I know that, as a customer, they will treat me well, and if I need help they will try to deliver.
    When I first ordered marisol. My first AG new doll, she came with a bunch of wig glue in her hair and they sent me another one right off. I am still waiting for the shipping label though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I apologize for pretty much snapping at you. [img]redface.gif[/img]

It's been a rough week - DH was supposed to come in today but is stuck in the ME at the air base in Baghdad (he works for the Feds) so it's all been downhill from there.

And you're right - you never get the same answer twice out of CS.

Maybe it's the weather...there's been several cases of folks being quick tonight (or so it seems)...everyone got cabin fever b/c of the heat?

WE SHOULD ALL GO PLAY WITH OUR DOLLS! [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 05, 2005 08:10 PM: Message edited by: mollymom ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope your husband comes home soon! It's tough when you're loved ones are so far away.

AG for the most part has really wonderful customer service.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had to smile at the topless outfit - DD got a club outfit for her doll and the original one was sent w/out the top.

Did they seem to have a lot of Bowling OUtfits? THe one I have has a shirt with a pull, but I am nervous to say anything because I know the outfit is discontinued.

Thanks

Hope DH comes home soon