Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wanted to add...AGPC needs to expand. In the downstairs historic doll area, they only have spaces for 7 doll displays and 7 historical life-size displays. When Felicity retired and Kaya took Felicity's place in the display, they had to find a place for poor Felicity, and later along with Elizabeth.

The upstairs AGOT/Bitty areas are always very crowded and hard to walk through, especially with the doll hair salon smack in the middle of it. It would be nice to have a seperate area for the doll salon where people can sit and watch their doll's hair get done if they choose to.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 22, 2006 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie, the last time we were there a few months ago, the HHS room was being renovated into a hair salon. It should be finished by now. You're right about their current location not being big enough. Now Kaya has been shoved aside to the tiny little display and it can be s-o-o crowded.

ETA-from the article:
    American Girl has also considered moving to the Chicago Place mall, 700 N. Michigan Ave., and the shuttered Sony store, 663 N. Michigan Ave., sources say.

Can anyone give me an idea of where these are? I'm familiar with the area, but not down to the store.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 23, 2006 12:09 AM: Message edited by: OSusannah ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AGP is currently on Chicago Ave. That corner is about 800 N Michigan. So the other two places mentioned would be a block or two south of the current one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! For several years now I have been planning a birthday trip to AGPC for my daughter's birthday in May. I suppose we could go to LA or NY but I had my heart set on Chicago. I hope the move doesn't interfere.... Any idea if they'll be closed for a while during the move time?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

According to the article, AGP's lease on its current location expires in December, 2008. That would give them plenty of time from now to remodel whatever spot they finally lease for a new location before they make any actual move.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 24, 2006 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12