Thread: Doll Hospital

horselvr2

Question

Is it free to get your doll's limbs tightend at the doll hospital? If it isn't how much is it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I called a while ago and got a really dumb CS who said it would be $20 each for legs, arms and head! So $60 to restring the doll. I don't think so, especially since you have to take the head off to restring anyway.

If I were you I would contact Dr. Robin -- AsianAG -- who does excellent work for a modest price.

horselvr2

Really? Well, I wanted to get my Felicity's leg's tightend, because when I bought her, her legs already came really loose, and it takes a real long time to get her to stand up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

An option is to do it yourself. It is not difficult and the instructions are straightforward.

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I understand not being able to do it yourself if you're younger. Perhaps one of your parents or an older sibling could help you?

I promise it's really a very simple procedure with a bit of help.

If not, there are a few people on the boards who offer restringing for quite a bit cheaper than AG prices, myself included.

I know Dr. Robin (AsianAG) and if memory serves me, Jeanette also offers restringing. I'm not sure who else does, but I'm pretty sure there's probably a few more too.

Just send a pm to someone to try and work it out if your parents are wary of doing it themselves and are willing to go through board members. [img]wink.gif[/img]

horselvr2

Oh, I can't really do it myself, I'm not an adult collecter. [img]redface.gif[/img]