Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Anyone know what size it should be? DD is dying to get one so she can take a picture of Kit sliding down the banister w/ it on her hip. Haven't quite figured out how she expects to pose her. [img]confused.gif[/img] I found a basket at a thrift store for .47, but it seems terribly small. They have some at Michael's & they seem really big. Anybody ever find one that they think is "to scale"? I am terrible at looking at things & scaling them. [img]frown.gif[/img] If you have one could you tell me where you found it & what the dimensions are? Pretty please? [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

TIA,

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

P.S. We don't have Nellie, but she would be so cute in her work dress (are you listening AG, since she doesn't HAVE one of those) and a basket of laundry.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ May 10, 2006 08:43 AM: Message edited by: trvnbrn ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 15, 2006 10:56 AM: Message edited by: trvnbrn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, I don't know the answer. But how about taking Kit to the store and seeing how it looks with her? Or maybe using one of those 18 inch dolls sold at the store and seeing if it looks about right with them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you don't want to take a doll with you for size comparisons, why not take a few articles of AG clothing? What better way to tell if it would be a workable size for a laundry basket, than to see how laundry fits inside it! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree, you should take Kit to the store to try it out. If a regular laundry basket doesn't work, they usually sell wicker baskets at craft stores that come in lots of sizes; one of those might work out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I'm not mistaken I believe that I've seen on someones doll page where they used one of those little green plastic baskets that fresh fruit come's in from the grocery store. Around here you usually find strawberrys or blueberries in them. Also Dollar General had one about the correct size that looks just like a full size one. I think it was 2 for $1.00. We had an AG with us at the time and thought about getting it.

Good Luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

p69! I love your Elizabeth and the dress she's in!! Where did you get it?

I think the pail in p69's pic is great! You can find those at Michael's or hobby lobby for $1!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI,

I found a basket that I think is identical to the one in the Ebay auction I will link you to in a minute. I bought it at Michael's for $1.79 (40% off sale). The ones they had before were too big, but after digging around I realized they had a slightly smaller size. I bought a set of 10 clothespins for .99 (Michael's), and will be buying a Vogue pattern of 30's clothes that includes an apron/smock...a little like the one in the auction, but not exactly. http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V7565=x&TI='doll'&page=4 It will be on sale at my local JoAnn's for $3.99, 5/18-5/20. I thought this auction was ADORABLE, but did not post it until it was over, just in case HB members were watching it. I'm sure she will be listing more after seeing the price it went for.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks again for all your suggestions!

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 15, 2006 11:07 AM: Message edited by: trvnbrn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bren~ That Molly laundry auction is about the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

awww that is cute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast