Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Paypal -Ebay...Be Careful-Fraud Issues...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've had these sent to me as well. Ebay and Paypal both said if they ever had problems, they would contact me via phone or mail, not email with a link.

A good precaution is also to have your paypal account hooked up to a checking account other than your usual one. I have a separate checking account just for paypal/ebay use. That way if someone hijaks it, there's no money in there. I transfer money in from my other bank account right before I make a paypal or other transaction.

Identity theft is awful, but it happens even without ebay and paypal. My uncle ended up having his identity stolen because he banks online and someone was able to break into his computer. It took a loooong time to fix it all.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I received four email letters in the last two days that were fraudulent letters saying that someone was using my eBay account "suspiciously." I sent all of these letters to [email protected] and got messages in return telling me that they did not originate from eBay, and were indeed frauds and would be investigated. Please, please, do not be sucked in by these predators!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 07, 2006 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whenever you receive an email from Paypal or ebay - don't respond thru that email. Look up your account.

I've gotten this too, but have not been taken, yet. They are so good, they make it look so real. But you have to ask yourself why Paypal would be questioning a charge to your account. It's always someone that you've never heard of trying to use your account. So of course you want to fight it. That is how they get you.

I always report it as spam. I hope that gets them off the internet.

Craftycarol51

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12