Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie, call me when you get down there, so I can tell you whether he found her or not. You can get my number from Information, or email me before you leave.

I haven't heard anything yet, and I think that he would have stopped and called me if he'd found her. But it takes some time to ride the full length of LWD both ways, so he may still be doing that.

Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Joy I hope he finds her! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

rolloverrover

My fingers are crossed that one of you finds her this morning!! Joy, your husband is a prince to help look for Katie's doll! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] And, Bugs, what a gem you are for having a backup doll ready to send off to Katie in case her original dear cannot be found. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm hopefully going to leave soon. The part that Marisol fell down may not be accessible to cars, that might be why I couldn't drive down there, but I don't know for sure. I'm going to park the car on Upper Wacker where she fell and try to walk down to where she fell. But I'm not even exactly sure where she fell down to.

I know we were on Upper Wacker where she fell and we were next to the river and I drove down to Lower Wacker to find her but she might have fallen even lower than that. I know she didn't fall into the river, she landed on pavement. I'm sort of familiar but not extremely familiar with the area. If anyone is familiar with the area and can tell by the last couple of pics I have of her, please post what you know. Thanks!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 26, 2006 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font>

rolloverrover

Call your local Department of Public Works and see if maybe they can help you. I thinkthat's the department in charge of road stuff.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie, I would say that you should print out those last two pictures and take them with you.

My husband just called and asked me to describe the landmarks in the pictures. When I did, he could see where the pictures were taken from, and the landmarks in the background, but he said that it's in such a place that there is no option for pulling over and getting out of the car. He says that a person would have to find a parking lot near Navy Pier and then walk over to this spot. He can't do that right now, because he has too much other stuff to do today.

He also said that there is a walkway next to the river where she could have fallen, but that it would take going down there to check it out.

He also said that this is the area where most of the homeless people in Chicago live, so one of them could have found her by now. I have some friends who go to work with that population every Friday, so I will try to reach one of them, so that they might be able to ask around among their contacts there, to see if anyone has seen her.

The one glitch in that plan is that my friends are college students, and most of them have gone home by now, but I may be able to reach someone that's still here and available to check.

Joy

PS My husband just called again to say that he did find a place to pull over and put his flashers on and go down there. He says that there's a walkway there, and hundreds of people are walking by. He walked the walkway for a ways, I think. He didn't see her, and he thinks it's quite likely that someone has picked her up.

So I will check into my contacts for the homeless people, and I would suggest that you go with a lot of posters to post down there, Katie, and check in all the nearby businesses, and maybe put posters in their windows and at the doorways of all the nearby condo buildings. And check with AGPC and leave your name and number with them. And maybe take an ad in the Tribune and Sun Times.

Joy

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 26, 2006 12:58 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie, I believe you used to be able to walk down to Lower Wacker right next to the bridge at Michigan and Wacker. If I were you, I'd go over the the Wendella Tour place (off of Michigan near the Wrigley building) and ask them for advice on getting there. Since they run the tours of the river, they will know the area very well.

Mary Kate

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112