Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

I brought Marisol with me to take some pictures of her in Millennium Park in downtown Chicago. As I was leaving I wanted to take a picture of her with Navy Pier in the distant background.

And then...well, we were on a road bridge(Upper Wacker Drive) and she fell off the bridge(to Lower Wacker Drive I think)! Not one story but probably three stories of roads that zigzagged down! I got in my car and tried to drive down to get her but I couldn't figure out how to get all the way down to that level, plus there were long lights and lots of rush hour traffic. I ended up driving in circles, and almost going the wrong way on a one-way ramp.

I found myself right back where I started, so I parked, looked down where she fell and didn't see her at all. I wanted to run to a police officer but I thought about how silly that would sound to them and they probably wouldn't take me seriously-an adult who lost her doll?

I hope someone else picked her up and found her a good home instead of getting run-over. I have a great album of Marisol all over Millennium Park but I'm too depressed to put it up. I even have the picture I took of her right before she fell. I feel like I lost my best friend! And the other dolls are not taking it well either. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 26, 2006 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] What a terrible thing to happen to Marisol. [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh no!!!! That is really really sad. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. [img]frown.gif[/img] Sometimes I put my dollies in slightly risky places for pictures, but I'm definitely going to be more careful.

I'm really sorry. [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Oh my gosh That is so sad Iam crying with you . [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Oh and to lose her that way . I would make some flyer's and put them out arround that area and maybe with some luck you will get someone to call. Also try calling the hwy services . maybe she is in a bush or something. it is worth a try and I am so sorry give the girls all a hug tonight.. Diane

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 25, 2006 07:48 PM: Message edited by: ladydi43 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's truly awful! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I'm so sorry for you... [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I forgot to mention that there is this space on my shelf where she was sitting and I even left her crocheted hat at home so I wouldn't lose it. Looking at that space with nothing there but her hat, duffel bag and Rascal is really hard. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] I hope I can get another one someday but even then it wouldn't be the same. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*hand covers mouth* I am soooooo sorry! I cannot believe that happened. [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]
    Can you put an ad in the paper? maybe someone will call. Anything is possible.

I was taking pictures of Nancy Drew at the pier once and she fell over, I thought she went into the ocean, but she was saved by a small ledge, and was only inches away from Long John's Silver's house...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so very sorry... (((big hugs)))

D~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sooooo sorry! Maybe you can get down to where she fell, and look for her tomorrow. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Picking jaw off floor. I am so sorry. What a tragedy. I have known that "sick in the gut feeling" before. You are coping relatively well though. I think your focusing on the fact that someone might have picked her up is good. It does happen. My heart goes out to you.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast