Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think they are both very cute, but like others have said, I really wish they had been more creative and given us some really unique dolls instead of ones so similar to dolls they have already made. I would have loved a bright redhead or another hazel-eyed doll! They really need more dolls with #21's hazel eyes - they're beautiful! I won't get #28 because I already have Marisol and I don't need another set of twins. [img]wink.gif[/img] Although I have several blonde dolls similar to #27, I can't say I won't ever get her, because I am a sucker for blondes and if I go to an AGP and see her in person...I may weaken. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like AGT 27, but not AGT 28. I really dislike how AG was advertising Marisol as a "Limited Edition" doll, and then they end up using the extra Marisol heads, giving them a haircut, and calling them a new doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I disagree about the whole "doll is just so-and-so with some changes." The hair color difference in #28 and Marisol is HUGE and I doubt they just used "extra Marisol heads." #28 is a real cutie. She gets my complete approval. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I also like the new meet outfit- cute, cute, cute!

But, with the exception of the new pink outfit, the white winter outfit, and the bed, I don't like any of the new stuff, especially #27. Blech. She looks like she's 16. Hate, hate, hate, the earrings. Yuck. Ick. I think you get my point. LOL [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I REALLY like #27, and I love my Marisol, so of course I like #28, too.

However, I think AG could have made a really unique doll, just by making #28 with the light skintone and green eyes!! I know there is a brown-haired green-eyed doll already, but Marisol's facemold and the shoulder-length brown hair would have made a lovely unique new doll, don't you think?

Just airing my humble opinion.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like both they are very cute like all the rest. I was afraid I'd like 27 more than my 22 but I still like #22 better. On the website they look almost identical anyway. I don't really care for the earrings and I really thought her hair would be a darker blonde with highlights - more like Kailey. I was surprised how similar she was to #22.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like 28....but 27 reminds me of L.A.

T. Lynn

On the website, I noticed the same thing about #27 and #22. Now I'm leaning more towards #22 for some reason.

This is driving me crazy. I ordered my #27 last Thursday from LA and I'm waiting for her arrival. I have a new #22 downstairs to compare her to. I can't wait to get this comparison done and overwith and post pictures.

Now I might be selling a naked #27...guess we'll see.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The photos on the AG website are probably prototypes and don't look exactly like the actual dolls. #27 is supposed to have dark blue eyes like Kit and Nellie but in the stock photo her eyes look light blue, and her hair also looks a lot lighter than the photos of the actual doll that have been posted. I'll be really interested to see side-by-side comparison shots. I already know I'm getting her no matter what, though. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I also don't think they used leftover Marisol heads...if they had that many left over she wouldn't have been listed as sold out on the website before the official retirement date!

T. Lynn

I do know that they kept a supply or Marisols on hand afterwards for dolls to use as fixer-uppers.

I called before with a question regarding my dolls hair and was told they'd send me another Marisol or change her head. I asked how since she was LE (and this was in February). Then they told me that they have a supply on hand for these cases.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm in love with #28. I told myself I can have her if I'll write her a story and make her some clothes.

So, yeah, I'm not getting #28 for a while. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast