Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

American Girl will not allow a Gift Registry for anyone born before 1983. I think we need to write them on this one.

Don't they realize that they have many adult collectors too? I know we've all said this before- but they are cutting out a good portion of their customer base by not letting adults have a Registry/Magazine/Collectors Club etc. I'd love to have a registry for my Dad to go to. I'm getting tired of this. I really am.

Barbie was originally for kids too. Now they have an entire adult market. Don't they realize that this is something we share with the children in our lives? Don't they also realize that some adults never outgrow their love for dolls or history? C'mon enough is enough. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Thanks for letting me vent. [img]eek.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 19, 2006 04:33 PM: Message edited by: LaceyJane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My hubby had me set up one anyhow, with a 1983 birthdate. It did bother me that I had to do that. I feel like the registry should be open to all ages.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here here! I'm 25 and love my AGs as much as ever.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have one also. The year input into the system is of no consquence to AG or anyone shopping your list.

GreyMyst

I have one too. I just subtracted 10 from my real birthyear and put that in LOL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Phooie [img]frown.gif[/img]

I think it's unfair to prejudice against adult collectors. Even though American Girl is a vinyl play doll, it was inevitable that adult doll collectors would get interested, especially with the orginiallity of the AG collection.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't despair-- You ARE allowed to have a Wishlist. Just save your wishlist on the AG website, and write down the wishlist number. You can email your wishlist to anyone you would have emailed a gift registry to, and you can pull it up later yourself to add or delete items.

I told my sister my wishlist number, and she chose my Christmas present from that--it has the prices next to the items, so people can choose something in their own price range.

To me, the Wishlist feature is just as good as a gift registry, and you don't have to give a birthdate--just remember your Wishlist number! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was confused about it, since I didn't realize how old I was until I saw that 1983 was the earliest year they had. I was like. Wow, I'm off the registry.
    But I did just sign under 1983. My registry and wishlist is so long, I haven't added up the cost of everything that's on it. I'm afraid to.

Felicity_Fan85

Even though I can do a gift registry (and just did for the heck of it), I think it should be extended to all ages too. I have a loonnnggggg wishlist of everything I would love to get from the currently available items and I'm printing it out- it's wicked long... the total would come to: $1381.95! Wow! (6 dolls on the list). I would have to get a scholarship for a bejillion dollars in order to afford that since my college is going to be like $25,000 this coming year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just made myself 40 years younger and registered anyway. Who cares. But if AG is reading this, it would be greatly appreciated if you would allow us to give our real ages! After all, we are the ones with the money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast