Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

My daughter and I were discussing AG and we were trying to figure out who were the most popular out of the historicals.

Does anyone know the order of Dolls as to how popular they are? I believe Samantha is the most popular (because she is so girly) and Kaya is the least due to girls not being able to relate to her as much. Any ideas on Historical's ranking for sales?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We've had many topics about this before. I'm doing a search for one.

It seemed like we all agreed on
    Samantha
    Kit
    Molly

but then after that, we all had different answers, lol. I'm not sure how Felicity would fit in now. Probably 3rd or 4th, now.

Here's a thread about it [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Edit: I'm reading that over. I now have Kirsten, lol, so I guess my comments on that are totally moot, haha!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 02, 2006 06:51 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I was little my best friend and I loved Samantha and Molly, we didn't like Kirsten as much for some reason.

I remember Felicity was really popular when she came out. I went to colonial Williamsburg that year and tons of girls (including me) were carrying around their Felicity. I think I remember you could book some special Felicity tea party in Williamsburg back then, Felicity was a big deal!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know AG says that the popularity of dolls has changed through the years, and I'm sure they're right. I'm not surprised Kit sells well; she's so cute! And her time period is just far enough away to be exotic, but is still EXTREMELY relatable. Nellie probably helped Sam's already stellar sales quite a bit (she's so cute, I want her!)

I pretty much agree with what tngirl03 said in the other thread about Kirsten. I'm sure Kirsten isn't very popular nowadays, but when AG came out she probably was. (Girls were IMO more likely to read the Laura Ingalls books back then, plus, she was the only blonde doll!)

I really can hardly even venture a guess as to who's selling. But I'm not completely sure that girls NECESSARILY feel a need to buy a doll that looks the most like them. That's what the AGOT are for. I look much more like Sam than Kirsten, but wouldn't have dreamed of buying Sam because the only time period that interested me was Kirsten's. (I was an unusual girl, though, and there were only three choices way back then.)

I think it's kind of easy to guess who the top sellers are (or, at the very least, who AG WANTS to be the top sellers) by looking at the catalog. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehe Samantha/Nellie, Kit, Felicity/Elizabeth...

Ahh no love for the other cuties [img]redface.gif[/img]

It is also quite apparent they're not really pushing Addy and Josefina... they're hardly in the catalog!