Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I exchanged my Jess with the hole in her shoulder at AGPLA, and the new Jess is beautiful, but her hair is quite different. The legnths at the end of her braids are much more dramatic, and her ends feel coarse and almost dry. She also seems to have thicker hair, and while I like the thicker hair, I prefered my last girl who's hair was smooth and soft on the ends. Has anyone else noticed their Jess having this type of hair? Thanks

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps you should try soaking the ends of her hair in Downy for an hour or so, then rinse well in cool to lukewarm water. That should soften it up nicely! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I shouldn't have to do that with a brand new doll though, right? Maybe I will just buy a second doll and just keep the girl that I like the most.

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by slovejoy:
    I shouldn't have to do that with a brand new doll though, right? Maybe I will just buy a second doll and just keep the girl that I like the most.

Shanna
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have gotten varying qualitys of wigs from PC and AG over the past 16 years. My Kirsten, has extremely dry hair and she is as PC as they come. As long as there are no major defects (covered in glue, huge bumps) I think you have to expect for some hair to be coarser than others.

While these dolls are expensive, they are not made to be collector dolls, nor are they advertised as such. They are made for girls to cherish and keep, but not for "collectors"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I shouldn't have to do that with a brand new doll though, right?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, you shouldn't. If you're not totally attached to this one yet, I'd exchange again. If they're going to let quality slip, they're going to have to deal with all of the returns.

My Jess has, to me, perfect hair. It makes me sad that so many people are getting duds. There's going to be a lot of Jess dolls at MCM this year and next.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My husband ordered me a Jess doll for my birthday. Her wig is separating really badly at the front of her head. AG sent a replacement. This one has no problem with her wig, but there is some gross brown stains on her neck. I tried scrubbing them off with baking soda, but they aren't budging. I thought about going to get some of that Oxy stuff, but the stain continues down under her cloth body so I would have to take her head off and then I am not guaranteed that I can get rid of the stain. I am not a picky person and I hate sending dolls back, but I guess this one has to go back too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I think I will buy a second one and then pick the one I like best. I will have to pay to ship one back, but that's worth it for me to have the right doll. I think I will wait just a little bit to order, but right now that free shipping code is looking pretty enticing!

Shanna

13Pumpkins

Thumbs up

Sheesh! I can't believe how bad so many dolls are! Brown stains... ugh!!! The dryness comes probably from being shipped or stored in extremes of heat or cold - at least that's what I assumed it was from. But seeing dry hair right off the bat is ridiculous. You know, if a compnay keeps sending out problematic products, it is eventually going to have a backlash- even if it takes awhile. In a year from now, there might be people that are disgusted with past expieriences that might be telling their kids to look for other things for Xmas/Bday, etc.

[img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

thepidget

Originally posted by MaryCarly:
    My husband ordered me a Jess doll for my birthday. Her wig is separating really badly at the front of her head. AG sent a replacement. This one has no problem with her wig, but there is some gross brown stains on her neck. I tried scrubbing them off with baking soda, but they aren't budging. I thought about going to get some of that Oxy stuff, but the stain continues down under her cloth body so I would have to take her head off and then I am not guaranteed that I can get rid of the stain. I am not a picky person and I hate sending dolls back, but I guess this one has to go back too.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's insane that people are actually having these kinds of problems with their Jess dolls. AG is supposed be a luxury, high-quality toy line, but stories like these really do make me wonder about their quality control sometimes...

[img]frown.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

These dolls are not "collectors" dolls, but they are being advertised as high-quality hairlooms.

Today I went back to AGP to exchange my Jess for the second time! The first had a wig gap and her hair started to fall out as soon as I took it out (not normal shedding - ten or fifteen hairs came loose as I undid the braids). I was super careful to get a good wig the second time, but I was so embarassed to be going through the dolls that as soon as I found a decent doll I went with it. When I got home, I saw that one of her eyes was crossed in and majorly tilted! Today I took that one back and my mom and I went _very_ carefully through the Jess dolls.

Strangely, I haven't had _any_ problems with my other AGs. These issues seem to be isolated with Jess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast