Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I called CS to get my daughters Elizabeth returned, Since her legs would not hold her up well, She falls forward or backward at the sightest movements even holding her up by her legs, well, the new one is the same!! Is this normal?
    Thanks!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 02, 2006 04:09 PM: Message edited by: maronda4 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some of the original mattel dolls were like that, I remember - my 21, Lindsey and Kat (Kit #2) don't stand up that well either. They've gotten better though. Sam and 22 aren't that great but 23 and 26 and Kit (an early Kit) stand fine. Maybe you could ask for a PS to pick an Elizabeth out for you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is not normal or right, but unfortunatley it seems to be more common lately. You just need to call again and have them send yet another doll. I know it is frustrating and you might even feel bad about it, but AG might increase their quality control if they get enough people doing this. On the bright side, they do have one of the best return policies of any company.

You paid a lot of money for a poseable doll. If she can't stand on her own, then she is not very poseable and needs to go back. I got a Molly like this a few years ago and did not send her back. I really loved her and felt like I could get used to her as she was. After two years of not really being able to play with her, I ended up replacing her body. Her and I are much happier now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I recommend you exchange your doll before you get attached to her like I did to Molly and then you will have to pay more money sometime in the future to fix her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PS, Is that a personal shopper? I have never used one.
    Do you just ask when you call to speak to one, and then tell her the problem with the doll?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are right, I would hate to regret keeping
    her down the road after paying SO much for her!
    I am that way too, it would eat me up thinking about it! I just HATE to call yet again!!! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PS is a personal shopper. You call AGP and ask for a PS. You can call any of the stores (but you will pay tax on the doll and tax is highest in LA, I believe). When I first called I got a recorded message that said for PS so-and-so press 1 for so-and-so press 2, etc. You can ask here for recommendations of PSs (though I think we are supposed to PM them and not post their names) or just pick one-- any of them ought to be able to help.

You would need to return the doll for a refund and do a new transaction with a PS.

Good luck! Hopefully the third time is the charm.

horselvr2

I bought my Felicity directly from ag, and her legs are really loose! But she can stand up but it takes a while too...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MuppetQuilter:
    You can call any of the stores (but you will pay tax on the doll and tax is highest in LA, I believe).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What? If you call a store and have something shipped, you pay no tax unless you live in CA, WI, IL, NY, or NJ where they have stores or warehouses. You have to pay shipping, but if you don't live in one of those states, not sales tax.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maronda,

I think you should return or exchange Elizabeth until you get one that is just perfect. If it makes you feel any better, I returned about 4 Gwen HH dolls because the face expressions were just slightly weird to me. Now our Gwen is just right and I feel no regrets about the hassles of the returns.

I've spoken to several personal shopper's (PS's) and they will "hand pick" your doll for you. Rita in Chicago was really nice as was Ellen in LA.

HTH!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much for the help! Can I just Exchange again if I use a PS, or would I have to make a new purchase? If So I will probably try the exchange again, That way my daughter doesn't have to give up her doll until the new one gets here. (They actually shipped Felicity the second time instead of the exchanged Elizabeth) DD was NOT happy! lol
    But, the nice lady at AG told me NOT to take the doll away from her, and she could play with her until the correct doll got sent and was received!
    I guess I will call them again, Makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 12:31 AM: Message edited by: maronda4 ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast