Thread: Sadly, I won't be around very much....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I used to do most of my commenting and posting at little nicks of time during the day at work (when eye-strain would set in). Unfortunately, the company has decided that message boards and several other AG sites should be permanently blocked (I can't even use quota time). This means that when I do get a chance to visit, it will be sporadic, and probably on the weekend. I will probably be reading posts most of that time (I used to read almost everything here). I feel like my right arm is being cut off, and am no longer happy at my job. I feel as though there's going to be a camera next - to make sure I'm using the potty and not reading in there....LOL. At any rate, my time will be seriously depleted since I used to not take a lunch and use my time for a few minutes of web surfing. I don't really get a lot of time on the 'puter at home. I will seriously miss not being around so much, but maybe it is for the better.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's really too bad. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    I work from home on the computer and have our board up while I am waiting on things. I am sure my productivity is decreased, but my enjoyment of work is definitely increased.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Realy bad! Sorry to hear that! You told me about the board and I registered today.
    I years ago I leave a job because the boss decide to stop the internet in the office!

Ashley1972

I hope you can find your way back soon. [img]frown.gif[/img] I had a similar problem last fall. My computer went dead and I had to be without one until Christmas when the school district was giving them away and we got one. I had to rely on library visits and believe me it is no fun taking a four year old to the library for any extended amount of time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh no!

Please don't be a stranger!!! I enjoy your posts so much! Please check in at least on weekends!
    We'll miss you! [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry to hear you'll have limited access. [img]frown.gif[/img] Hopefully you'll find the time filled with equally satisfying ventures. And yes, do pop in on weekends. I love your photos and posts. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Julia

13Pumpkins

I am sorry to hear that! I enjoyed your posts.
    [img]frown.gif[/img]
    I can't blame work for not wanting people on the computer, though.
    Still check in sometimes!
    Even if you don't read all the threads, you can read just some and post on. And do keep us updated!
    [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am really very aggravated. I have to do something to occupy my time. If I worked for a different company....

You would have to understand that if I am "full on" during a day of work, I can accomplish the workload of 4 people. I know because I've done it at this same workplace when we were short on staff. I had to use any means necessary to slow myself down because quite frankly, they don't reward their people no matter how much they "sweat". I determined that if I was only getting compensated for the work of 1, then that's all I was going to do. I guess I am unmotivated to work there anymore. I'm thinking "potential" career change. I am an accountant with a specialty, and the kind of knowledge I have, with a degree, entitles people to twice the pay I make for doing 1/3 the amount of work. I may quit just to get my degree, but I'm not sure. I enjoy teaching more than anything, but it's difficult to find a job doing that in my area (I tutor on weekends just for my own gratification and self importance).

I feel so lost. I guess it's my midlife crisis. I woke up one day and realized that I didn't like my life, and I've always had the philosophy that if there's something you don't like, change it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by angelnise:
    ...I feel so lost. I guess it's my midlife crisis. I woke up one day and realized that I didn't like my life, and I've always had the philosophy that if there's something you don't like, change it!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow, even with a midlife crisis, your energy and determination are very admirable. You sound like the type of person that succeeds no matter what they do. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] And I fully agree with "if there's something you don't like, change it."

I'm rooting for you. Really! I'll pray that you get what you want, whether it's a raise, another degree or a new job altogether. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Julia

mori

I am sorry about this. I hope you don't disapear altogether on here! I can understand why your employers would make these rules, but I can completely see your frustration. I hope that you can find soemthing that you like better, or something works out for you.