Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm wondering if they have started to go up again...Some people seem to think they're low, but it seems like some things are selling for a lot more than normal? Is this normal for this time of year? Will things keep going up in price?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Normally this is the time of year that prices start heading up. I don't know why they have hardly moved up this year. I have bought and sold on ebay for close to 10 years and I have never seen prices stay so low so late in the year. I suspect that people are waiting this year, just like people are waiting till the last minute to bid on an item. I usually start selling my Christmas stuff this time of the year but I am waiting for the prices to start going up. If I don't start listing soon I will be very busy in November!! My busiest time is Veterans Day until Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving it drops off REALLY fast until after Christmas. If you are waiting to get a "good deal", don't wait any longer. If you are selling, get ready to list SOON!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Starling - Out of curiosity, are you refering mainly to the behavior of American Girl items on Ebay or all items in general?? (I'm not sure what you sell...) I'm curious because my mom, who sells a lot on Ebay, said Ebay sent out a newsletter a while back with some advice on what sells at what time. It said collectors' items often sell for higher prices after Christmas, and toys and "gift" type items sell for more beforehand. Has this been your experience??? If so, then perhaps Christmas is the time of year to buy retired AG items that usually sell for a lot (more collector type items, I mean). Just a thought...wondered what your experience has been! [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It seems that e-Bay is losing popularity among both buyers and sellers. I have noticed that some of my favorite sellers no longer sell much on e-Bay. Has anyone else noticed that?

For AG items, it seems like January and February last year were really good for sellers. I am not sure why. Maybe some were using their gift money to buy their own AG items or some who got new dolls were buying things for them. Another possibility is that money is tight around the holidays and the collectors who pay high e-Bay prices had to spend their collection money on gifts for others. AG is odd because it is a toy and gift item which should sell well before Christmas, but it also a collectible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I sell toys, including some current AG items, so this time of year is the busiest. I don't consider what I sell collectables, though some items are retired. I have a hard time with toys being collectables..I honestly believe that all toys should be "played" with, whether by children or adults..doesn't matter. So with that in mind I am busier before Christmas than after. I can understand that after Christmas collectables would be more popular because people use Christmas monies to buy at that time.