Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by balletmom:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by prasnlrd:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If fatness is an issue with an outfit, I just remove a little stuffing. I wish I could have it so easy.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">kitschywoman, kitschywoman....whew!!! ROTFL</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know people who can do that for you [img]wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL - but they make you pay a lot of money to get your stuffing out. Imagine what you could get instead of it, whether it's going to be more AG's or anything else.

Luanne, you could continue the educational value Pleasant Rowland started by teaching your daughter to knit, crochet, sew, embroider for the dolls you have.

Melissa, well said. However, I as an adult can easily decide (well we know in fact it's not so easy, but...) how much and how many items we buy for our collection. I don't have to have every single piece if I don't want to or if I can't afford it. I can always make things for the dolls myself, for example the FIMO food which Cherry keeps teaching us how to do and makes so realistically. Even if I don't know how to knit/crochet/sew yet, I could sit down and try. We have some awesome members here on the board who showed it is possible. They have never sewn a stitch before and now make some really beautiful dresses for their dolls.

Even if you decide to just stick to one doll, it has so much potential regarding the educational aspect.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if the thinner dolls cane about as a result of customer complaints. Some of the more overstuffed ones barely fit into their clothes.Putting the clothes over the proper undergarments is another tight fit. In contrast my thinner Nellie is a pleasure to dress.

ponydreamer

I understand where you are coming from. I feel almost the same way. Only I really don't blame Mattel.

I have not felt satisfied with my AG collecting for quite some time. The company has changed. I don't like it, but I guess I can't say it has changed for the worse. It has just become something that I don't really enjoy anymore.

Part of my problem, I think, is that I want to re-capture the early days of AG, when I was collecting with my little girl. Back then, it was such an exciting treat to order ONE outfit. Or maybe an accessory. Now I just order whatever I want. And to be truthful, the items aren't as unique as they used to be. Times have changed, and I guess I'm just not on that "band wagon".

I'm going to be reducing my collection as well. I need time to really sort through my stash and dolls and make some decisions. My DD's pre-mattel dolls will never be sold, but some of my mattel dolls will. I also buy dolls and clothing for the little ones in our lives, so I need to maintain a certain amount for them.

I am a true doll lover. I always have been. But I really think the specialness of AG has gone away for me. New things are being introduced too quickly for me. It used to be a rare treat to realize something new had come out. At this point, I sometimes miss new items! LOL!!!!!

Anyway....you need to do what feels good to you. If you aren't enjoying your collection, then you need to find out what will help you enjoy it again. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Pat B:
    I wonder if the thinner dolls cane about as a result of customer complaints. Some of the more overstuffed ones barely fit into their clothes.Putting the clothes over the proper undergarments is another tight fit. In contrast my thinner Nellie is a pleasure to dress.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thinner dolls are one thing, but then to make the clothes so they only fit the new, thinner dolls is boneheaded...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, but if they made clothes to fit the original AGs properly, you wouldn't need a thinner doll!!!

I was the one who posted Pleasant Rowland's comment. Her intention was to keep customers hungry by introducing half the collection for a new girl in one year and the other half of the collection in the second year. When Addy and Josefina came out, the first three books and clothes and accessories were released with the doll and the last three books and clothes, etc. were released 12 months later!

I don't think Pleasant Company would be releasing two new AGTs, Elizabeth, Marisol and Jess in one year. Because the quality of the product suffers when you do that and THAT is where we are now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123