Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am going to try to start a positive thread here. Please don't carry over any controversies here. I would like to say some of my favorite parts about this board and what I hope to do in the future for this board.

I like that we have a variety of ages on this board.

I like that when I have a question about an AG item, there is probably someone here that has it and can answer my question.

I like to hear all about new developments with AG such as new dolls, new clothes, sale codes.

I like looking at the beautiful albums people make of their dolls. I enjoy seeing how people have combined outfits in different ways or put different clothes on dolls.

Some things I would like to do on this board are:

Make my own album of my dolls playing. Or at least figure out how to make an avatar of my dolls.

Come up with some fun doll sized crafts to make and share with everyone.

Meet some people in my area who love AG dolls as much as I do!

Feel free to post what you like the most about this board and what fun things you would like to do here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I appreciate being able to ask about/read about doll items - then I have a better idea if something is suitable for my daughter before I buy it.

I have also gotten good information that has helped me to clean up DD's dolls.

There is lots of helpful information here!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love "spending time" with others who share my love for AG. I am a SAHM and I miss having work friends to chat with.

I love seeing pictures! The ones that HB members take of their dolls are so much better than the ones on the AG website or in the catalogs.

I love sharing my AG Dollar Tree and Target finds with others. AND I love it when others post their finds. DD and I enjoy the "cheap" finds as much as a lot of the AG items.

I love hearing about new items.

I love the CODES!

I love seeing pictures of AGP and dreaming of a trip to AGNY...someday!

Inactive Member MomofFelicityFan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love that if I come on here and say ,I am going to learn to sew, just so I can sew dollie clothes, no one would call the men in white to come get me.

joelanddeborah

I love that I've met friends in other parts of the country who share many of my same interests!

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MomofFelicityFan:
    I love that if I come on here and say ,I am going to learn to sew, just so I can sew dollie clothes, no one would call the men in white to come get me.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have tried to sew doll clothes once before and it is hard. I really appreciate other people's sewing skills and like looking at their creations. I think I would like to learn to knit or crochet so I can make doll sweaters and blankets. Does anyone have any good doll sized patterns they recommend?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Without Hostboard,

</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would not have been motivated to make an album on how to restring an AG doll;</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would not have sent Gemma across the country as a traveling doll;</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would not have learned about the new dolls and outfits coming out in advance; and</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would have been pretty ignorant of the large number of other adult doll collectors.</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hostboard has been a pretty substantial impact on my life, or at least my doll collecting life...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love that...

...I can just chat with wonderful people of all ages who share this great hobby with me.

...I can look at all of the beautiful albums to read great little stories and see precious morsels.

...whatever questions I have, there is always somebody who can help me. (i.e. helping me get the marker out of Felicity's hand)

...there are always a dozen or more people ready to enable me, and I can return the favor. Wait, that's a bad thing! =3

I would like to...

...make my own dolly albums, just as soon as I can get a nice digital camera. ^_^

...make a Thanksgiving dinner for my girls out of FIMO.

...learn to sew, so my dollies can wear oodles of special outfits.

...go to "dolly med-school". In other words, take in a fixer-upper and make her shine again. =)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 08, 2006 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Nevtal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What I like....I like to hear the reviews about items. The Good & the not so good. I love to see the sale codes.. [img]wink.gif[/img]

I like learning all of the tips on how to repair and clean the dolls. I'm set to do a Downy Dunk on my DD's (AGOT/JLY) this weekend. Where else would I learn about this?!?!!

But I also like that there is a place for all that are really true collectors. I have to admit that I'm just living through my daughter who is the AG Girl. But now I have the itch to find a fixer upper doll. You've all done such great jobs on the ones I've seen pictures posted. Still not sure I would really do it but if the right doll comes around I just might. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now just don't tell my husband!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by victoriangirl:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MomofFelicityFan:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have tried to sew doll clothes once before and it is hard. I really appreciate other people's sewing skills and like looking at their creations. I think I would like to learn to knit or crochet so I can make doll sweaters and blankets. Does anyone have any good doll sized patterns they recommend?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A couple of Joan Hinds' books have knitting and crocheting directions in them. I haven't attempted them yet since I am learing how to knit and relearning how to crochet. I have used quite a few of her sewing patterns, and LOVE them. I highly reccommend her books. I can also reccommend watching for pattern sales at Jo-Ann's and Hobby Lobby (pattern for like 99 cents each).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast