Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought American Girl was supposed to target 8-12 year olds. My new catalog came and had a perfume scented card for AG perfume. Why does this age group need perfume? Has childhood become an outdated word?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think this is a new idea, because I had "Tinkerbell" perfume when I was about 7 or 8 - in the early 1970s. I remember the packaging was yellow, brown and orange flowers!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I too had perfume by that age - "Baby Soft." Do they even still make that stuff? I think I would actually still wear that if I could find a new bottle.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes! Love's Baby Soft, one of the three parfumes I use to this day. It has such a cute, sweet smell, I love it. They sell it at Walgreens, I know that, I almost died when I saw it, and had to get some [img]smile.gif[/img] .

I think it's perfectly acceptable and normal for little girls to wear parfume, especially the kind that are made for them. Baby Soft smells so much like sweetened baby powder that it hardly even smells like parfume. I haven't gotten a new AG catalogue yet, so I don't know how the stuff smells, but I'm sure it's a very sweet, soft smell that isn't overwhelming at all.

rolloverrover

I used Tinkerbell products too in the late sixties and early seventies. In particular, I remember having little bottles of Tinkerbell toilet water. The stuff marketed for little kids aren't usually heady scents like those marketed for adult women.

I just read today that Britney Spears' new perfume/scent has a "hint of cupcakes." And her perfume is for adults! I'm not a perfumey person, but if I was I think I'd pass.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just read today that Britney Spears' new perfume/scent has a "hint of cupcakes." And her perfume is for adults! I'm not a perfumey person, but if I was I think I'd pass.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What about Jessica Simpson's line? That stuff is edible. Do we really need edible parfume and lotions? Honestly? Might just be my strong dislike of Jessica Simpson, but I think that is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, Cami! I need to get some shopping done this weekend, so I will make sure to stop by Walgreens and check it out. As I recall, there were other Love's scents, too, like lemon and rain, too, I think.

The edible stuff is a little kinky for me. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] But apparently it sells well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My grandpa used to get me little bottles of "Sweet Honesty" perfume from Avon. It stunk to high heavens, and I was so allergic to it. But, those little bottles (like the silver deer) mean a whole lot to me now!

All American Girls MOM
    I think it is ok for kids that age to have a perfume. Whne Nikki was a little girl that age at 8 I gave Jean Natte for girls and she had Tinkerbell perfume and others etc. It is good to start kids at a young at about personal hygine. So that they are aware of themselves. I think the new perfume and the new American Girl Line at Bath & Body Works is great. Nikki is 23 years old and she uses it. I brought for her yesterday.

Rose [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is nothing wrong giving this product to young girls. IT is not a perfume, it is a body spray. At this age alot of kids need scented products as they are still learning the wonderful world of hygeine... and the big one DEODERANT!! If you make it fun it modivates the child and sets a good pace for life.

Perfume is a condensed scent and is much stronger than a body spray... which actually is less powerful than body lotion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast