Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had a huge thing for the Lipsmakers purfume and body spray when I was in early middle school (11-12 years old). I also used Love's Baby Soft and as a treat my mom got me the "Sunflower" purfume because sunflowers were popular at the time and I loved them (this was 1995-96 and I believe that was when the "Sunflower" purfume first came out).

By late middle school I was using Calcon body splash/spray. I now prefer body spray and Bath and Body Works "Moonlight Path" is my favorite. Though I did recently buy a bottle of their Les Couvent Des Minimes Lavender Purfume and I love it because it smells exactly like lavender and I love lavender. Yeah sorry for that tanget.

GreyMyst

I sometimes wore Chanel No 5 when I was a kid. I am SURE these AG scents don't even come CLOSE to that! My grandma gave me a jar and I actually liked it. It's what I still wear on special occasions. The rest of the time I wear Chupa Chups I Love Me/Night Fever (uh it smells like candy, peach/apricot/vanilla)

My 2 year old wears Bath & Body Works Cucumber Melon. Bath & Body Works' body sprays are great for kids IMO, espically the older girls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had Tinkerbell in the 80's/early 90's. I had a perfume and two peel-off nail polishes. I got them when I was about six years old and I remember saying to my mom, "I think they should make nail polish that DOESN'T peel off," and she was like, "Uh...they do..." Heh.

I LOVE the Dessert Treats line by Jessica Simpson. I have a hair and body mist in cotton candy scent that smells EXACTLY like cotton candy. My only complaints are the price ($17 for a single bottle, although they are big), and the scent wears off very quickly. I'm sure it's non-toxic, but it's definitely not something you'd want to lick off. I get the impression from the advertisements that there are only a few things that would be pleasant to eat or lick off, like the Whipped Body Cream, but they leave the idea open-ended because it helps sell the product if you can make people hungry. [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img]

<font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ September 16, 2005 08:24 AM: Message edited by: likewow ]</font></font>

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 16, 2005 08:26 AM: Message edited by: likewow ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember the peeloff nail polish! I would just put it on to peel it off when it was dry. My friend and I would put it on and see who could get the most off with out it "chipping"

Tracy

rolloverrover

I can remember telling a classmate in the fifth grade who was wearing Love's Baby Soft Lemon that she smelled like pickles! And she did! Everytime she wore that stuff, I smelled pickles. On other classmates, I smelled a vague hint of lemon.

Does anyone remember Babe? I still have a teensy weensy Babe bottle. It's the cutest little thing.

As I grew older and graduated to actual perfumes/ colognes, I found that they all make my skin itch. And don't even get me started on Avon perfumes - skunk city!!

I wore Calvin Klein's Eternity at my wedding and got lots of compliments, but that's pretty much the last time I wore a scent.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This has like nothing to do with the topic but GreyMyst I love the picture in your avator! Did you make them? They're really cool! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I JUST GOT THE NEW CATALOG IN THE MAIL AND IT HAS THE PERFUME SAMPLE AND I LOVE IT!!!! I WOULD WEAR IT MYSELF!!! I WONDER HOW MUCH IT COSTS???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always liked the Juice Bar fragrances. They had sooo many yummy scents like Cotton Candy, Gummy Bears, Lemonade Squeeze, Long Island Ice Tea, Blueberry Batter, Teddy Bear, Vanilla Musk... Many were food related but not all. I love the fun scents more than traditional scents. I collected them, they were like $5 for a big spray bottle or less than $2 (I think) for mini keychain ones. Some even had glitter in them! I'm not sure if they are still available, I haven't looked at the perfume aisle in a long time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cassieandnicolesmom:
    I JUST GOT THE NEW CATALOG IN THE MAIL AND IT HAS THE PERFUME SAMPLE AND I LOVE IT!!!! I WOULD WEAR IT MYSELF!!! I WONDER HOW MUCH IT COSTS???
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a Strawberries & Cream Fragrance Splash and it was $7.50 for it. I'm not sure if there are smaller/ cheaper sizes.

AmericanGirlLover2982

I dont see what the big deal is here about kids wearing perfume. As long its not a name brand or something like Tommy Girl. That would be for a more older girl like a teenager. Girls wearing American Girl products are not really perfumes they are body sprays. And that is ok for a girl like 8-12 years old to wear this.

When I was this age I wore body sprays like Tinkerbell, Baby Soft, etc.

I'm 23 years and use the perfume its ok but I'm not a big fan of it now, I love the new American Girl Products and I'm an adult. I have to say I love it and I'm proud to say I LOVE IT! I use the Totally Tropical.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 16, 2005 05:48 PM: Message edited by: All American Girl 2982 ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast