Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just got a big bonus at work, and I'm dying to spend a bit (or a little more than a bit) on AG! Since I started collecting 3 months ago I have clothes and accessories laying all over the house, and I need to reign them in! I was considering the 3 in 1 bed, or Kit's trunk. Any opinions? Can you exchange the lights in the 3 in 1 bed if they burn out? What will hold the most? Oh, I need help! I also want to get Christmas dresses for all the girls, and maybe another doll (Josephina or AG21)! Someone stop me, please!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am a sucker for dolls, but I haven't bought any beds. For my purposes, they are too expensive an dtke up too much space. Whenever I wanted to play bedtime, I would cover an AG box with a blanket and mattress, and my doll would have a wonderful temporary bed. I guess it is whatever you want that matters. A lot of people here on the board have the beds and love them. I prefer to have lots of dolls and outfits. For me, a trunk would make more sense, becasue you can store stuff in it. But again, space is an issue for me, and maybe it's not for you.

I highly recommend Josefina . . .she is one of my new favorites! I just got her this month and she is beautiful!

Evette

Someone stop me, please!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I tried that before here and someone told me "Honey, it's hopeless". So I am telling you now:

"Honey, it's hopeless".

Empty out the bank account time! [img]eek.gif[/img] So sorry to have to inform you of this.... [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HAAAA HAAAAAA! Prsnlrd, I know you're right! I wouldn't even want to add up what I've spent in just the three months I've been collecting! Soon, I won't even be able to pay for gas to get to work! I just spent $100 last week on Kit stuff! Oh, it's hopeless. Why is AG so addicting?? Even my husband is on the bandwagon! Is this wierd?? He knows their names, and histories, and looks through the catalogs with me. He even started reading Kit's book this week. Sometimes, I'll even find the girls in a new outfit! I guess he figures, 'if you can't beat em, join em!' Anyone else's husband given in to the magic of AG??? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the 3/1 bed light bulbs are flashlight bulbs. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] We have one and I think it is so cool! I haven't given it to DD yet because *whispers* it's for Christmas.

There were tons of them at MCM really inexpensive. Maybe you could get one off eBay more cheaply, especially when more sellers start listing them towards Christmas?

There is also a similar bed that is much less expensive. http://cgi.ebay.com/3-in-1-BED-W-CAB...QQcmdZViewItem I wonder who makes that? I think it's really cute.

Either way, Kit's trunk or the bed, you can't go wrong!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AG4Alison, My DH is hooked too. He surfs ebay more than me. All for DD of course [img]wink.gif[/img] . Last winter he helped me create a DD look-a-like for his mother. We bought 2 dolls in need of TLC - one Sam with a cute hair cut and a Kirsten with a bad haircut. I needed the wig off Sam and on Kirsten. That left us with a bald Sam. I wanted to fix her up for my niece. He said, "This doll is not leaving the house" and he named her Marlo in honor of Marlo Thomas and St. Judes. She sat in the closet for months. DD and I finally rewigged her. We were gone on our "Girls Road Trip" to AGP Chicago for Father's Day so guess who he got to keep him company - Marlo. When his brother asked him what he got for Father's Day he proudly told him, "A doll." He's great with hair - both DD's and the dolls. I think he figured he might as well join us in the madness. We are the lucky ones!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You've got to get AGT 21! I got mine last month, and I LOVE her! Josefina's great, too, but I don't have her yet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have one for my two girls, and it is great for their cloths and such...But, I would buy now, look on Ebay, but AG is offering them again. Last year they sold out in about Oct/Nov. and then they went crazy on Ebay. I saw them sell for over $500 (which is why my girls had to wait until after Christmas for one) So, I would go ahead and purchase one from American Girl. Plus, from AG if the lights don't work, you can return it to them...Not so on Ebay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

prasnlrd,
    You are fantastic and so right! We are all addicted and proud of it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have the 3-in-one and DD loves it. It is like having another piece of furniture around, but it very "efficient" for storing things. I would guess you could put more in Kit's trunk, but the trunk doesn't really have a bed...I am guessing you might be able to have someone sleep on the top though! Target also has beds online if you would rather go that way. There is one simular to the 3-in-one. Not as much storage though.

Shelly