Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tonight I decided to sit down and finish the dress I have been working on for Felicity.
    I am having so many difficulties with it, so I decided to forgo the linings and just do it one layered.

I was using Molly to help judge what size to gather the skirt to. I let go of her to pick up the bodice to see if it fit alright, she stood for a few seconds and then swan dived to the floor. RIGHT INTO MY CUP OF ORANGE JUICE.

So I have a huge orange juice stain on the carpet, and a doll soaked in Sunny Delight. And I had to pretend to be worried about the carpet because my husband was in the room. Luckily because she was being a dress dummy, she only had her undies on, which did not get juice on them, and it wiped off her wig fairly easily. I am going to spritz her wig a bit to get the sugars off. (I hope I won't have to take out her braids) I have used a wet cloth to pat down her body to get the juice off.

Molly is from when I was in High School so she was never played with and pretty much pristine. Oops.

The cutest thing was when I picked her up from the floor her arms were up in a U shape,l making it look like she was shrugging saying "was that my fault?"

And if you haven't seen it yet, check out Molly in her temporary poncho.
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...20560277&idx=1

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Skittl1321:

The cutest thing was when I picked her up from the floor her arms were up in a U shape,l making it look like she was shrugging saying "was that my fault?"
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OH NO! Poor Molly! I hope she feels better very soon, and doesn't end up too terribly sticky. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

At least Molly seems to be taking it in stride. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Janie3082

That's funny that you said you had to pretend to be upset about the carpet for your husband, something like that happened to me several months ago.

I had a large fast food cup of Sprite on my desk and Kirsten was standing in front of it, and she suddenly "fainted" and knocked the cup off with her head! I too was more concerned about my girl than the carpet! She was fine though, and so was the carpet.

Hope your Molly is un-hurt!! BTW, all of your pictures are very nice! Did you make all that stuff? Everything is so pretty! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, those are all handmade things.
    I've been knitting for about a year and a half, and quickly got obsessive about it. I've done full sized sweaters, one with a color pattern and one with cables, that aren't pictured. I just started real quilting this year. (I've pretended to quilt since I got kirsten.)

Now I'm trying to learn how to sew. I want my dolls well dressed.

Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aww, poor Molly! That is a harsh day in the life on a doll, I'm sure. Hope she recovers perfectly! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]