Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you going to collect AG dolls until you reach a certain amount?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree mostly with Amanda for pacing my collecting. Right now I only have three dolls and thats really all my bedroom can hold since I live at home and commute to school. I could probably take on a few more if I really wanted, but I like being able to display some furniture and accessories and I wouldnt be able to if I added more.

But once I have my own place I would like to get for sure, Kit, Kirsten and Josefina and possibly a few others. On one hand I dont want to set a limit as who knows what they may create that I really like down the road. But at the same time, I really think having a smaller collection of dolls makes them more special. That, and when it comes the historicals Im a completist and so I need plenty of space. My primary goal is that for every historical I get, I would like to either have their friend doll or create one with an AGT. I think having a second doll in a historical display just looks so much better. Plus, its simply more fun to have two dolls from one time period.

Hmmm, I rambled pretty bad on that...SORRY!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like everyone else, I'm like, "Limits?? What are those?" I have 9 AGs and 2 BBs. Sometimes I wonder why I have all of these dolls. It takes me a while to change all of them at once! And I feel like I got them all in a rush, too, or most of them. Of the AGs, I started out with Molly for awhile, until Kit came out, then Lindsey, and then I bought my friend's AGT. 4 dolls. I thought that was a lot, especially with my Our New Baby. Then I found a Bitty secondhand. Then Nellie came out, and I had to have Sam and Nellie. 6! That was too many. Then Marisol, Lissie, and AGT 21 this year. Not to mention the three Gotz dolls I've gotten since Xmas! I feel like I have too many dolls, but I want more. I want 23 and 24, but then I feel like I won't bond with them when I get them. I know I'll like them, but will I bond? I know I'll most definitely get a Ruthie doll, if they don't destroy her. But I still have too many dolls. But the thought of ebaying one just gives me the creeps. I'd like to get a PM Sam, but I can't part with my Mattel Sam. Even though I know I like the PM one better. And I'm not sure I'm really bonding with Nellie. Or Marisol. I like them, but I'm pretty sure that Nellie gets shunned most of the time. Poor Nellie. [img]frown.gif[/img] I don't know. I don't want to end my collection, but...right now I think I may be content with my dolls. I'm trying at least. But the thoughts of PM Kirsten, PM Samantha, and even PM Addy sometimes just cross my head. I don't know what to do...but I just don't want to have an insane amount of dolls!

I don't think I'll stop. I'll just put things on hold and start with each girl's collections.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As long as DD would rather play with dolls than boys, then my buying is limitless [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member MareGathersDolls's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Limits? Can someone please give me a definition of that word? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I collect nine lines of toys (American Girl, My Little Pony, Bratz, Collector Barbie, Littlest Pet Shop, Breyers, Fashion Star Fillies, Fairy Tails and Beanie Babies) and I have put no limits on the lines that are still being produced because I don't know what they'll come out with next! I would sure hate to stop at one point and then miss something I've fallen in love with. But I do stay organized and keep detailed want lists that update as new things come out or I change my mind about old things.

Currently I still want Addy, Kaya, Josefina, Samantha, AGTs 4, 15, and 25...and Lindsey, Kailey and GOML Kathleen when I can afford it. (If ever, lol) And we won't get into the massive amounts of clothing, accessories and furniture, lol.

I'm lucky in that I live at home and I plan on staying here even after I get married because this house means so much to me and my parents. My father built me a huge shelving unit in my sewing room last month, and now we're working on remodeling the basement. I've been given carte blanche pretty much on it as long as I help pay for it.

The first room is HUGE. I'm hoping to put a big couch, a computer unit, and a big screen TV with tons of DVD storage on one wall...and possibly a collage of my favorite movie/TV things. The other three walls will be displays of my collections. The longest wall I am hoping to cover with floor to ceiling shelving units like the ones I have in my sewing room now, and create scenes for the historicals with their furniture and accesories. Like, permanent dining rooms and bedrooms. Not sure about what I'll do with the school stuff, but I think that would be cool too...maybe just not make them as big as the bedrooms and dining rooms.

Wow...I'm rambling...lol....must be the flu. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by OSusannah:
    My limit-when they crowd us out of the house. But by then at least a couple of the kids will be off to college and the dolls will just take over their rooms. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Or until DH commits hari-kari [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If DH commits hari-kari, that would free up some more space! Ya know what I mean!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I keep setting limits, and then moving them as more stuff comes out!!! I never bonded with my Kaya doll really(or not yet), which is such a pitty because she is so cute, but my Josefina (from E-bay) and I bonded right away!I just ordered 2 Marisol dolls minutes ago- one to keep and one to keep nice [img]wink.gif[/img] . I am a sucker for new dolls- I love getting that box in the mail, taking them out, changing the clothes, putting them with the other dolls and introducing them. . . .ahhh. Maybe I will never stop. My fiancee is always saying, "where are you going to put that?" and I say, "I'll make room!" We are in dorm rooms on campus though, so he doesn't really have a say in what I keep in my room, but he helps me keep organized! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I would like to have all of the historical dolls someday, except Elizabeth (not a fan of the different Elizabeth look- I miss the one in the books!) and the AGT's I can't live without . . .so I have at least three of those on my list so far. I don't have to have complete collections though- I just get stuff I like. I got Marisol because I didn't want to miss out in case I develop a longing for her later on and have to pay zillions for her. I figures I might as well get two and sell one for zillions, so I can buy more dolls!

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 19, 2005 12:34 PM: Message edited by: simplepretty ]</font>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123