Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Getting the doors fixed hopefully tomorrow but the person that broke into my car is out there spending my money with checks that have my checking account number on it. He/she already spent about $600, but there is a licence number on the check plus a name, phone number.... [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ouch; that's terrible! That's like identity theft, isn't it? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I hope you can cancel your checks or whatever, and maybe keep an eye on your credit report, too, just in case he/she/they managed to use your name elsewhere. What a monster that person was. [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kenshinchan:
    Ouch; that's terrible! That's like identity theft, isn't it? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I hope you can cancel your checks or whatever, and maybe keep an eye on your credit report, too, just in case he/she/they managed to use your name elsewhere. What a monster that person was. [img]mad.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is identity theft, atleast I caught it now and not later *sighs* And I can't really clear the check since they've already went thru. Also the checks weren't in my name but had my account number.

yeah going to talk to the bank tonight, but man this person wasn't that bright at all. I was able to get the person's real address and phone number. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

>.< argh they did write the checks the day after my car got broken into.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 28, 2006 03:07 AM: Message edited by: Magdalen ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hopefully your bank will be able to reverse the funds back to your account with a police report. Something similair happened to a neighbor of mine. It took a while and a lot of stress on her part but she got all of her money back. Doesn't sound like a criminal mastermind if they used their id to write checks. I hope everything works out for you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^^ the bank was cool about it. I have all new bank accounts and they are working on getting my money back since it was obliviously not me. I doubt the police cared much, they said the copies of the checks were bad (only one was but you could still see the driver's ID). Oh well, I atleast will get my money back even if these guys get away with it =/

And we're going to keep an eye on my credit report to make sure they didn't get my soc. If they did that'll be a pain to change. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

ams37 - well they used a real name for certain, I just don't know if it is theirs. The cops are just as doubtful, if not moreso.

Oh and now my car won't be fixed until Tues, hopefully.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 28, 2006 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Magdalen ]</font>