Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had gone to a Mets game May 29th, but it rained too much and we couldn't stay the whole game [img]frown.gif[/img]

It was my first baseball game and I was so upset because I only got to enjoy 2 innings [img]frown.gif[/img]

SO, my parents surprised me with tickets to a game July 22nd!

What's so great about that day? Simple:

<font size="8">BUILD A BEAR DAY!!!!!!</font>

I know we have a few Build a Bear fans on the board, and I am one of them [img]redface.gif[/img]

Here's a picture of the bear they are giving away:

Mets bear

PLUS, the seats are 8 rows away from 3rd base, the position of my favorite Met (David Wright [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] )

We also have accsess to the Diamond Club shops and resteraunts.

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] I'm sooooooo excited!

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ June 06, 2006 09:38 PM: Message edited by: american_girl_forever ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 06, 2006 09:38 PM: Message edited by: american_girl_forever ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have fun!!

We took our children to a Build-a-Bear giveaway at a Cub's game two years ago. It was a great time, and the bears were adorable! They were a lot bigger than I expected them to be.

I tried to talk DH into taking us to the AG giveaway Cubs game this year, but he wouldn't go for it. Maybe next year...

Enjoy!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HOORAY FOR YOU! ! ! !

What a special treat. I grew up in Detroit so nothing says summer to me more than a baseball game. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

What a great surprise!
    Enjoy this 2nd time at a baseball game. [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm soooooo excited!

I wish they had AG Giveaways for the Mets, but only for the Yankees [img]frown.gif[/img]

And, unfortunatley, my Mets instincts tell me the Yankees are the enemey [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey that's awesome!

Last week my brother and I went to a Tiger's game in Detroit. They got creamed by the Yankees and like your game it rained. Actually it poured with thunder and everything. Anyway the rain only delayed the game. We were all huddled under where it was covered buying way more food and beer than we intended to because of the delay.
    Enjoy!

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah when we went there it was only delayed.

Before the game started there was a 30 minute rain delay. Because it was Memorial Day, there was alot of singing and stuff so the game didn't really start until 8 pm. It was suppoused to start at 7:10 pm [img]confused.gif[/img]

Then, they got in two innings before a one hour delay, where it was then nine at night.

I had school the next day so we had to leave [img]frown.gif[/img]

They ended up starting up the game again (they try their hardest to cancel out rain delays there at Shea) and I was upset because I got to pick the team we saw. We had gone to Arizona and taken a tour of Chase Field, home of the Arizona Dimaondbacks and I ultimatley wanted to see them play the Mets. Luckily enough it was just the next month.

Unfortunatley though, the Mets are wrapping up with the Los Angeles Dodgers tonight, and are going to Arizona for a 4 game set, and then they are done with Arizona for the season [img]frown.gif[/img]

They day we are going the Mets are playing the Houston Astros. Anyone here from Texas or Houston?