Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi I am so happy to be a part of your board. American Girl Dolls have been a passion of mine since that 1st catalog in 1986. (I wish that I still had it!).
    I was teaching a phonics program called Super Kids to my Kindergarten class. I found out that it was developed and written by Pleasant Rowland.
    I would pour over the catalogs, until finally my neice grew old enough for an AG Doll. She wanted Kirsten and I sent it to her for Christmas in 1990.
    I ordered the Mini dolls for myself and kept them on a shelf. When the Hopscotch Hill Doll Collection was introduced, I just had to have it. After all, it is about 4 Kindergarten Kids and their adventures in Kindergarten! I shared the dolls with my Reading tutoring students and let them take a doll home, for an overnight.
    I retired from teaching Kindergarten and Reading, two years ago. From fostering litters of kittens for the local SPCA, my interests took me to volunteering at their SPCA Thrift Store. That is where I found my 1st AG Dolls: PM Samantha, PM Kirsten, and PM Molly. WHAT A FIND! $25 EACH!!!! I offered to sell them on line for the store, but they just wanted someone to buy them, and I obliged.
    I called AG for some accessories, but found that kind of pricey. That led me to Ebay, and the rest is History. My addiction began!!!
    My favorite activity has become giving American Girl Parties for the neighbors and girls from my school. I began last October with a Molly Mystery Party. Of course, the teacher in me came out, and we had to add some historical activities. Then, in December, we had a Samantha Mystery Party.
    Those were such a success and so much fun, that I volunteered to put on a Felicity Tea Party as a silent auction item in the school fundraiser. The school made $550 dollars and 11 girls came to the party.
    My good friend, Mrs.C., who shares my joy of these dolls, has graciously helped me load some imagestation photos of the Felicity Party. Enjoy!
    I will try to add photos of my doll collection when I get the hang of loading my photos.
    This is so much fun. I love all of your threads and albums.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome! We [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Mrs. C, and I know that any friend of hers is welcome here. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

My mom, who is also a teacher, found Pleasant's phonics program, too, and as far as I know, she loves it.

By the way, I love your avatar. Your kitty looks like he/she enjoys Felicity's bed! [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board! You're going to love it here! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

McMasters

Welcome to the board! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the wonderful Welcomes!!!
    I am going to try to load one of the imagestation albums. Wish me luck!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2101325292

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2101325740

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2101325453

AmericanGirlLover2982

[img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] Welcome to the board!!! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

*AG Star*

Welcome to the board!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Imagestation is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

AmericanGirlLover2982

Wow that was a lovely Felicity party wish I could have come!! You did a wonderful job.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the lovely compliment!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a fun party! AG parties for neighborhood girls are great, aren't they?!!!

(By the way, your home looks so wonderfully inviting! [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast