Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Hi!

Although we don't shop too often on Ebay these days, last week I convinced DH to bid on an Angelina Ballerina piano to replace the one my DD accidentally broke two weeks ago (and has been crying about breaking ever since--DD has woken up in the middle of the night sobbing several times about the piano being broken [img]frown.gif[/img] ).

Well, we won the auction and got the piano today when I picked up our mail. But, the piano is broken--it only plays notes, not the 5 songs from the Nutcracker Suite that it is supposed to play. Although this is a small thing in the whole grand scheme of things, I'm utterly crushed because the ebay link advertised it as working properly and "excellent condition." I'm not sure how to link it to HB but it is item #330035162915.

My question is do you think the seller will take it back? I have no need at all for another broken piano. Furthermore DD is now all upset because I foolishly opened it in front of her after telling her DH & I had decided to replace it for her but with new rules that we had to supervise her playing with such a fragile, special item, then after all that mini-lecture, the dratted piano doesn't even work!

Does anyone have any advice for me? Help! Also, am I crazy for even thinking about trying to bid on yet another piano or should I just call this one a lost cause?

Thanks in advance!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

since the item came to you not as described I would return it on those grounds if the seller says no file through E-Bay

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First write the seller and see what they say.How did you pay?

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi--

We used PayPal for our payment.

Thanks!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would first see if the seller will give you a refund. She may claim, as some do, that it was fine when she sent it and that it must have broken in transit or by your hands. If she won't refund you the money, I would file with PayPal for a refund because the item was not as described.