Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Emily's Christmas dress gets a HUGE A+ from me in fabric choice!

(yes, she's here! She came Monday and I took her to work with me yesterday to show her off, was just too tired to post)

The fabric choice is sooooooooo 1940's! My mom has a lot of clothes that belonged to one of her aunts in the 40's and 50's, and this aunt was quite the glamor girl. Emily's Christmas dress feels exactly like those dresses. The material is called crepe. They didn't buy it for the way it felt, they bought it for the beautiful way it draped. And it does drape beautifully that's for sure.

I've seen a few people at various places complain about the fabric feel of the Christmas dress. It's actually more accurate than Molly's. So far with the Emily things that I have, I am so impressed! They really did their homework for her. Give me high hopes for Ruthie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's nice to hear such a positive review! [img]smile.gif[/img] I have Felicity's lavender dress and was disappointed in the fabric. That makes me hesitant to get Molly's purple dress. But if it's as nice and accurate as you say, I'll definitely consider it.

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like that dress,too.
    Molly borrowed it for her formal night dress on the Disney Cruise and looked very pretty in it.
    I think it's pretty on both girls.
    ec8b4a88

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on Emily and the dress! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

I love the Christmas dress! It is really nicely done. But also love her PJs! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

MapleLeaf

Congratulations on getting Emily and thanks for the review of her Christmas dress.
    Nice to hear about the fabric of the dress and the clothes that your mom has are very similar.
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the review!! As of now, my Emily's Christmas dress is sitting in a box in our dining room, so it's good to know it's good quality!!

thepidget

I agree with Julia, Felicity's lavender gown is just odd... The material seems like it would be totally inaccurate for the 1700's. It feels too plasticky, sort of like acetate and polyester or something. [img]confused.gif[/img]

I do like Emily's dress a lot, and I just might buy it for Molly someday. I like the material and style just fine, but I'm not sure how Molly would look in purple. However, thank you so much for your helpful review! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 26, 2006 12:03 AM: Message edited by: pidgetgirl ]</font>

Polly Marie

Thanks for the dress review. I might buy it later. I am so traditional about the red and green colors for Christmas! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Congratulations on lovely Emily! [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 26, 2006 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Polly Marie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad to hear this too. I was hesitant as I'm kind of a traditionalist as well preferring red and green at Christmas but who says it has to be an actual Christmas dress, right? (It can be New Year's lol) It's always good hearing something is made the right way or out of nice fabric. I was not sure I would want this dress but now I do--always thought it was cute but like some others, I'd heard things about the fabric that made me wonder. Thanks for your initial review and everyone else's comments! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But also love her PJs!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I told Mama I really really really really really want her PJ's since I have some cut like that already.

Julia, the fabric used in Emily's Christmas dress and Felicity's lavender gown are so far apart in feel they can't even be compared, lol. Emily's material is very thick, rather on the heavy side actually, especially considering it's a doll dress. The fabric of Felicity's lavender gown actually feels like 1870's tafetta. I'm just not sure what tafetta from the 1770's would feel like because I've never actually touched a dress that old.

All of the most recent full-fledged historical outfits have really impressed me in style and color choices, and even fabric choice. It seems to me that they're back to really doing their historical homework in all aspects of the outfits, not just in the way it looks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast