Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi all!
    I recently bought a really cute AGOT- honey blonde, curly hair. From the picture I thought the ink was just a dot above the lip (ebay auction 9507574064) Instead it is a line of blue ink about half an inch long across the top lip. The seller will take her back but minus shipping fees both directions.
    I've researched about Oxy 10 but couldn't find info on the safety of using it on the lips. Does anyone know if it will remove the lip color? Thank you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure it would remove the lip color, but I've never tried it near paint. If you're ambitious you could repaint the lips though. There's other people who have a lot more experience with restoration than me so hopefully they'll post and give you tips. Welcome BTW. [img]smile.gif[/img]

GreyMyst

It DOES take off lip paint. I got it a little too close and it indeed took off the lip paint.

Ashley1972

Oxy 10 does take off lip color and eyebrow color as well. My Kit is a fixer-upper that I got off ebay. She had ink drawn on her mouth and her eyebrow. I used the Oxy 10 with the intent to repaint her lips and eyebrows but lost the nerve so Angie Gillygals did it for me! Here is my Kit's restoration album if you would like to see the before and after results.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My oldest daughter used to collect Barbies,through a barbies collectors magazine we were advised to use peanut butter to remove ink from vinyl, it actually really does work. You do pretty much the same thing. Put on a glob of peanut butter and let it sit for several hours, the oil from the peanut butter seeps into the vinyl and absorbs the ink.. Its worth a try!! It may take a few applications for it to work but I have seen in work miracles!!

Ashley1972

Thanks, Jeannie for the PB tip! I'll try that one next time we get an inky doll off ebay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all for your help! I wound up very carefully putting the Oxy 10 just on the ink line and checking every 30 minutes. When the ink looked pretty faded and the lips were just starting to fade, I stopped the treatments. I went over her lip with a pink fabric marker that left just a thin film of color each time I used it. If you look at her in bright light, one side of her lip looks a bit funny but if you aren't particularly looking for it, you don't notice it.
    I feel good that I fixed her and I think the experience bonded us for life!
    Oh! And the seller offered to send a UPS mailer so I wouldn't have to pay the postage for sending her back which I thought was very nice. I wrote back and told her, "Thanks, but she's a keeper!"

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 19, 2006 10:47 PM: Message edited by: wdwendyd ]</font>