Thread: Why don't they want our ideas?

Brooke in Belgium

Question

From the terms and conditions:

"American Girl likes to hear from you. However, you should know that American Girl does not accept or consider any creative ideas or suggestions related to products or marketing plans unless it has specifically requested them. Therefore, please do not send any creative or original materials such as toys, games, or other products, or any other creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information."

Maybe they're worried that they will have to compensate for any ideas they use? I REALLY want American Girl to hear my ideas! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

So, I guess you all have to hear them instead! LOL (but I think you've read them already a while back!)
    I'd like to see a Girl of the Year that is a military "brat". A girl who is an American living overseas, with a mom or dad in the military. She could have a passport, a postcard from the deployed parent, an American flag, a scrapbook of all of her travels,a language workbook for school (my girls have to take French as part of their curriculum), etc.
    My second idea is for American Girl to model the Girl of the Year dolls after REAL girls! Get life stories from real girls and create dolls based on that. They could even have a contest for it.

Ok, that's it...I feel better now! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Brooke

ag_rox

Hi welcome to the board. I really like your ideas.

Brooke in Belgium

Thanks...but I've been here for a while! [img]redface.gif[/img] I'm just not very "vocal".

Brooke

thepidget

Hi Brooke. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I like your idea of a "military brat" doll. There are a lot of American kids with parents serving in the military, so they would be able to relate to this doll.

Please post more often! We would be glad to hear from you. The more, the merrier! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah...maybe you will recognize me now! LOL I joined at one time, forgot my password and username, so I joined again under this name...going to delete my first profile since I apparently didn't post often with that one! LOL Sorry for the confussion!

Brooke

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You would think that with the milatary invovlement in the 90's and most recently that they would & I hope they do, it would be a good market. Good idea, Brooke

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the reason they can't accept others ideas is actually because of copyright issue
    They would also have to worry about someone sueing them for using the idea. (A similar thing happened to Marion Zimmer Bradley about 15-20 years ago)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Most likely they are concerned that someone will demand compensation for an idea they had sent in when AG produces something like it. Thus, they keep the product development team blissfully ignorant of what their customers are suggesting...

Taffy