Thread: Just looked at Chicago Craigslist ! So Jealous!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow! I have never looked at Craigslist in a city where AG has a store. How jealous am I?! I can't believe how many people have AG stuff for sale! AND the garage sales!

Ya'll check it out!

emsmombuysdolls

I check it out about twice a week. It comes and goes. What is almost always there is people trying to cash in i.e. the cubs jacket giveaway or MCM tickets. The best deals around are the un-advertised ones. Just hit the garage sales and hope no one knows how much I value what they are selling.

Donna Cotterman

Ok, someone help me out.... what is a craiglist? Is this a chain of auction houses or a site on the internet?
    This is a lovely piece of furniture. Would be nice for storage. ^j^ Mrs. C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Craigslist is an online classifieds for just about anything you would want to buy or sell!

Just go to www.craigslist.com and click on your state then choose the city from the next list.

There is even a search engine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks to the link for Craig's list. I have never seen it before. Typical though, in Tennessee, there was not an American Girl item listed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We live in a city where AG stuff is hardly ever listed on Craigslist. However, I check it daily. Patience does pay off. So far, I've found:

* AG Teacher guides for Molly, Felicity, Josefina, Molly, and Samantha for $5 each.

* Authentic pattern sets for Molly, Addy, and Samantha. I got these for $7 each -- and my husband thought I was being taken advantage of!

* My PM Molly, with 5 authentic outfits, her bed, nightstand, nighttime accessories, desk, school accessories, lunch, Christmas stocking and complete package from her dad, and radio. I paid $200 for the set. Not a steal, but definitely worth it to me!

It seems frustrating, not finding anything day after day, week after week, but then when something is posted, it usually pays off!

Also, try using Pleasant Company as a keyword. My Molly couldn't be found using an "American Girl" keyword search, but she popped right up with "Pleasant Company"!

Donna Cotterman

Thanks for the site. I logged off and am just getting back. Will check it out today. ^j^ Mrs. C.