Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I've decided that if they are going to phase out the Hopscotch School set that they need something educational to replace it. So I'm asking everyone to email Customer Service with suggestions for school supplies.

My cousin wants to be a teacher. She is five and already loves school, math and science in particular. She, the precocious little monster [img]wink.gif[/img] , asked me why the "old time" dolls all get to go to school and learn things while the "new dolls" get pretty bags with lunch boxes inside. It was funny to see her so mad, but it got me thinking.

AG says they are trying to encourage girls to be the best they can be. They offer all kinds of sports stuff, but last time I looked only a few people can make a living at sports. The rest of us had to work hard in school. I think it's time they helped us cultivate mind as well as body and spirit.

I'm emailing them and asking for a math book, Science, Grammer/Spelling, History/geography/social studies, Reading book, and maybe a health book. Hopefully it would be sold as a set in a back pack. They can add a lunch if they want.

BTW, I have no problem with sports or other extracurriculars. I played in the Marching band in school and was active in theater. My problem is that we seem to be giving our girls a false sense that athletics is more important than scholastics.

What do you think?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I miss Addy's school set, and Josefina's. I think it is a good idea to pester CS until we get out school supplies back . . .and we could get modern ones too.

I have one more year before I am a certified teacher . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe they're talking about doll-sized mini-books, that we can use with our dolls to do school-related scenarios. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it is a good idea to have more doll-sized school things. There is a lot of focus on school in the girls' line, but not in the dolls'. THey used to run a list of school supplies for today girls.

Here are my ideas - feel free to use them if you email CS, which I am going to do - I felt they appealed to middle school girls:

SCHOOL LOCKER
    Your doll will love her locker, which has a pretend [lock], and a shelf. Help her decorate it with three locker posters and use the magnets to hold [b] notes from friends!
    $35

SCHOOL SMARTS
    Get your doll ready for school with this new collection! Help her study Pre-Algebra with her Math textbook, and learn all about the world with her Social Studies textbook and atlas. Get ready to read with her Language Arts textbook, and you'll love helping her with her Science workbook and Science textbook! Everything stores neatly in her AG monogrammed backpack, and her three blank notebooks and some looseleaf paper are kept nice and neat in her Trapper Keeper. Make sure she has her pencils and calculator handy, and don't forget her School Smarts Planner and class schedule!
    $28

LUNCH TIME
    Your doll is ready to chow-down in the cafeteria with her spiffy new lunch box that has a healthy juice box, ham sandwich, a napkin, and some chocolate-chip cookies as a treat. Make sure she reads her first-day note from Mom! If she wants to buy today, make sure she has her cafeteria tickets handy, and keeps her library pass ready for study hall next period. And don't forget her Quiz Book 3 to quiz her friends with while they're eating!
    $22

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SCHOOL LOCKER
    Your doll will love her locker, which has a pretend [lock], and a shelf. Help her decorate it with three locker posters and use the magnets to hold notes from friends!
    $35

SCHOOL SMARTS
    Get your doll ready for school with this new collection! Help her study Pre-Algebra with her [b]Math textbook, and learn all about the world with her Social Studies textbook and atlas. Get ready to read with her Language Arts textbook, and you'll love helping her with her Science workbook and Science textbook! Everything stores neatly in her AG monogrammed backpack, and her three blank notebooks and some looseleaf paper are kept nice and neat in her Trapper Keeper. Make sure she has her pencils and calculator handy, and don't forget her School Smarts Planner and class schedule!
    $28

LUNCH TIME
    Your doll is ready to chow-down in the cafeteria with her spiffy new lunch box that has a healthy juice box, ham sandwich, a napkin, and some chocolate-chip cookies as a treat. Make sure she reads her first-day note from Mom! If she wants to buy today, make sure she has her cafeteria tickets handy, and keeps her library pass ready for study hall next period. And don't forget her Quiz Book 3 to quiz her friends with while they're eating!
    $22
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ooooh, vute cute CUTE! I've got a very nice doll sized locker I got as a present a couple of years ago. I have a few ideas:

Doll Desk
    When the bell rings, be sure she's sitting in her [b]desk[/b}! Her wood topped desk with a pencil groove has a metal basket underneath for holding her books. Make sure she sits up staright in her chair with a metal shelf underneath for extra storage. Includes a pencil case with stcikers to put your doll's name on it, and a clever set of 5 pencils that really work!
    $65

2-in-1 Chalk Board
    This board has a wooden frame with a black chalk board on one side, and a dry earase board on the other side once you flip it. The chalkboard has a wooden sill underneath to hold the 5 pieces of colored chalk, 3 pieces of white chalk, and 3 dry earase markers which really work! Plus, the chalkboard side features a pull down map!
    $75

School Uniform
    Your doll is ready for school with her special school uniform, which consists of a white dress top, red plaid skirt, and white knee poodle socks. Complete her school look with a red plaid tie and red velour mary janes. Also includes 10 hair berrets, 5 white and 5 red.
    $22

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On the bright side I?m sure you might get a nice reply from AG thanking you for your interest in their product.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kit your a crack up. Tks for the laugh.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, Kit, that is exactly what they told me [img]smile.gif[/img] ...however. The joy of this campaign is that if enough people say they want something they might just listen. Afterall in the freemarket society we live in there is supply and demand. If there is enough demand, maybe they should supply it [img]wink.gif[/img]

I was more thinking of 5th / 6th grade age for supplies simply because that is about the age when girls start to lose interest in academics for any number of reasons. If we promote them there (like my mom did for me) they are less likely to lose interest later.

Good luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can get a very cute Mac computer (that is really a calendar and radio) from the My Twinn site. They also have a nice globe that is just the right size. I have also seen tiny globes at Border's bookstore. The bookstore also has spinner racks with tiny doll sized books. Most of the titles aren't appropriate, but I have found a few with nice poetry and I way able to special order the cutest mni Joy of Cooking book for my dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I tihnk they already had a AG sized Chalk Board? Does anyone remember this? One side was for chalk and one side was a calk board. It came with a pull down map. I know it came with chalk, pins, a pointer stick and a eraser. I only know that because I still have that. I have no idea where the chalk board is so I can not give any pictures [img]frown.gif[/img]

I remember the locker! It was purple and I believe it was 85$ I think it was like the doll trunk for AGT. It was with the bunk bed set.

I miss the doll school stuff. One of my favorite things to do was to play school with my dolls. I used to buy all the different school sets to play! lol