Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Molly's glasses: Are they changing? Judge for yourself! (PICS)

Polly Marie

Thanks, Katie. I have not noticed the change until now. I wonder which shape is more historic for the mid-40's. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps they decided to make the glasses a bit smaller. I've seen a lot of people buy Molly dolls and just never actually use the glasses for some reason. Maybe because they were awkward? I don't know. It's just something I've noticed...

Lindsey Forever

Oh! I love Molly's new glasses!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the older ones better.

Wickedgood

I like the new ones. They seem more proportionate to her face, while still appearing to be authentic to her time period.

The glasses she presently wears seems to monopolize her face. Plus the wire is much too large a guage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great spot! Was wondering why she looked cuter in the Imagine photo of her and Emily.

I much prefer the new ones. I have a pair of the old ones I bought way back in '95, and I don't like them at all.

The new ones look much more modern, and almost hip, but not so modern that they don't seem like something Molly could have had. I really don't like the old ones, they really cover half of Molly's face, and I always thought made her look bad.

Those who like the old ones better, why? Just because they're what we're all used to? Or actually for an aesthetic reason? It's not that much of a change, but makes Molly's face look less round, and helps you notice her cute face, and pretty grey eyes before you notice the ugly glasses. Personally, I think if the new glasses help Molly sell better, and aren't historically inaccurate, they're just great.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 14, 2006 10:44 AM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I noticed that as well. I like the old glasses better, the newer one seem to overpower her face.

monimarine

Actually the newer ones are not as round- the lens area is smaller, more oval shaped so they don't take up as much of her face as they used to. I like that part. I don't like the new bridge though.

thepidget

I like Molly's old glasses better. [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I definitely think they're different and must say I prefer the "new" ones. If they are indeed changing to those, I will try and buy a pair for my girl. They're not as bulky as the other ones have always looked on her, IMO.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast