Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok, so now I think I am addicted to this site. After reading about all your terrific finds at the thrift stores I have been hiting my local ones. I haven't found any AG stuff yet, but I personally collect Barbies from the 60s and yesterrday I found 2. Toys were half off yesterday so I paid $.95 for both that once they are cleaned up they will be worth about $100. I'm going to hit a couple more stores today, hope I can find something for dd. Another place that works for me is a children's resale shop nearby. I'm on a list there so they call me as soon as they get anything AG in. It isn't too often but I did get a beautiful Samantha complete with accessories and stand for $44 from them. Just a thought for anyone with that type of store near them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations on your great thrift store finds! I often go thrifting, but haven't found much AG stuff yet. I keep looking.

Jo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are 2 thrift stores in my area. One sells toys of the dammed like headless Barbies and stuffed animals covered in body fluids. I buy books there but i've never seen anything AG. The other is a Goodwill and it sells Battat dolls and horses for 25.00 which i think is more than Target charges. The closest thing i found to a AG score there is a Battat english saddle set for 10.00.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Today I found the bitty baby rocking horse in really nice condition. it was $5.15 but since my mom was with me (she's 60) I got her senior citizen discount-another 25% off. Woo-Hoo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My mom and I go to thrift stores every once in a while but I never have much luck finding AG. I have only found 3 things and they were books.

Congrats on your great finds ams37!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on your great finds! Children's resale stores are a great idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

there is nothing like that here, but we do have the sketchy stuffed animals occasionally. However, the thrift store within walking distance from me has a new owner now and she is putting up the prices (she thinks a second hand wedding dress should be $100, and prom dresses go for around $60. Plates and creamers are around five dollars, which is more than new. I have a feeling an american girl would be sold for at least $80. Seems like this woman is milking it)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only thing I've found AG was a blond bitty. Only paid like 2 bucks for her. Here lately, I've been finding a lot of Build a Bear items, another passion of mine. Also, when I was into Cabbage Patch dolls (80's ones), I would find a lot. It's worth looking, that's for sure!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't find too many genuine AG items at the thriftstores around here, but I do find items that are the right size fairly often. I think my best real AG find was Samantha's retired paint set from her second set of Summer Amusements for only $5, and I recently found her ice cream freezer for $6 at an antique shop. A couple days ago I got a bunkbed frame that is the same style as the yellow AG one, but it's bright pink. It's not as sturdy as the AG one, but it's still pretty well made, and for only $4 I was pretty happy! I think I've found the best things though at garage sales. I went to one last year, and got a huge bag full of shoes and clothes for $15, and they were almost all genuine. One of the pairs of shoes were even Lindsey's boots! I hadn't gotten my Lindsey yet, so I absolutley cherished them! Now I have them as an extra pair. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Later on in the summer I found my Samantha doll at another GS for only $25. She was pretty new, and had her meet outfit. Unfortunately, those weren't my best GS finds. The best ones I never bought, because they were before I was collecting AG, and had NO idea what they were worth. Summer before last, I passed up a Samantha and a Josephina,(Josephina had NEVER been played with), each with their meet outfits and christmas dress for only $20 each!!! I am SOOO kicking myself now! I also passed on the retired school table and chairs set for only $3 at a church rummage sale. Now I'm actually looking for that set! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] If only I had known!!!

~Dee