Thread: to buy now with free shipping...or....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

wait till we have a movie coupon code? The last code was not as good as the first one, so it just doesn't really matter I guess, and we DO have the free shipping right now.

I'd like a few things, but it's not like I NEED them or anything. Diana has decided to put Bitty's crib and high chair in her new bedroom instead of the play room, (lucky kid, huh? she's got TWO rooms!)

Anyway, I was thinking it'd be so pretty to get Bitty the canopy and bedding set. I'd also really love the whole new Bitty ensemble, but then that would mean another doll, and I'm torn between AA Bitty or Asian Bitty. I keep leaning towards AA Bitty though.

And, maybe we need the changing table too... [img]confused.gif[/img]

Laurie

edit to add: I just added up the new AA Bitty, canopy, bedding and changing table: $200! But, I have so many outfits for Bitty that she never gets to wear, even though we have the twins as well, so another Bitty would make sense, no?

Can you tell I'm needing purchase encouragement? [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 23, 2006 08:06 AM: Message edited by: dianasmama ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You KNOW when she moves the Bitty stuff in her bedroom, she's going to be in her doll room and wish it was there, then she's going to be dragging it from room to room. That's how things get damaged and broken. So it only makes GOOD FINANCIAL SENSE to buy her a complete new set of stuff. Then the old stuff can be in the doll room where it's always been and the new stuff can be in her bedroom and nothing will get broken.

As for adding another Bitty, I just need to ask you, do you want your daughter to be open and accepting to people of all races? Well then, she needs Bitties of all races. It's only logical- as children we play what we envision our future to be- how can she envision herself in a racially diverse set of people if she doesn't have racially diverse dolls. You DO want her to be accepting of others, right?

It's clear to me. You NEED to buy it all in order to be finacially responsible and nurture your child to become a better person.

There. Is that the kind of buying encouragement you needed?

Jo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm in the same boat. Buy #26 now, with Free Shipping, or wait til they introduce the new Ready for ... outfit, but pay shipping.

Just think of new Bitty stuff as a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" present you give yourself. [img]wink.gif[/img]

And, it's good to see you back!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jo! You're hysterical!

I've already been down the whole path of racial diversity...that's why three years ago I had to hunt down and pay ridiculous prices on ebay to make sure that I had not only the white couple with baby from Fisher Price Loving Family, but also the AA, Asian and Hispanic families as well as the Grandma AND Grandpa, because Diana doesn't have a Grandpa in her life!

yup, I think it'll be the AA baby doll and the pretty new ensemble too! I have a store credit to use, so it's not like I'm really even spending *real* money!

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yay! I love the AA Bitty. My daughter often toys with the idea of another Bitty and this would be her choice. She's 10-1/2 and has been collecting for Bitty since she was 3. She has so many Bitty outfits, the crib and changing table.

Diana is so lucky to have so much space. My poor daughter's bedroom is the size of a walk-in closet (you should see our tiny bathroom!) - the price you pay when you live in a house built in the 40's that's less than 5 miles from the city. A move to NC is tempting!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really like the AA Bitty, too, but if you are torn take a look at my siggie. Jazzi is an Asian Bitty and she is beyond adorable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by mykidsloveAG:

It's clear to me. You NEED to buy it all in order to be finacially responsible and nurture your child to become a better person.

There. Is that the kind of buying encouragement you needed?

Jo
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="5">Jo - LOL!</font>
    You know exactly how to help us Moms justify a purchase. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by smoredrama:
    I really like the AA Bitty, too, but if you are torn take a look at my siggie. Jazzi is an Asian Bitty and she is beyond adorable.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jazzi is beyond cute. Dione - your sig picture is priceless.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Laurie, we love our AA Bitty. I bought her last Christmas along with the pink trunk. She is a definite must-have IMO.

I wish I could get the Bitty crib and changing table but it would take up too much valuable space in my home, I'm afraid. These dolls of ours need rooms of their own!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I probably won't get to use the free shipping code on my next doll. I'm debating between Jess and Josefina, but I might only be able to get one for awhile until our new storefront on ebay starts kicking up again! Of course there's also Kaya, AGT15, AGT20, AGT 26, the brunette Bitty Twins and a regular Bitty (probably asian or AA, hard call!) I wish I had the $$$ to take advantage of the code now, but having to wait just makes it better when I do get new dolls/outfits/etc! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Am I the only one who seems to fall in love with several new dolls everytime they get within one or two of their current goal? [img]tongue.gif[/img]