Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been thinking about this lately. My Rae would look so adorable with little earrings, but I wouldn't want holes in her ears if I ever wanted her to go earring-less, and I would think stick on earrings might leave a residue. So I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if AG made them magnetic? Like little magnets could be put inside somehow so earrings could just stick on, or if they ever made little dolly ipods, the ear phones could just stick to the ears with magnets.
    I have no idea how Ag would go about doing that, maybe adding it as a doll modification you could pay for extra, kind of like a doll hospital visit? It probably wouldn't work, but I think it would be so cool if it did.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that is a GREAT idea, maybe you could pitch it to them!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My hubby and I were discussing this earlier.He uses rare earth magnets in the models he builds.We are out of magnets, but have some on the way.When they arrive, I plan to do exactly what you are talking about.
    It would be very easy to remove the dolls head and place magnets inside. These magnets are plenty strong enough to work perfectly.

Rare Earth Magnets: http://www.wondermagnets.com/cgi-bin...ts%3BNeodymium

ALSO, until you are ready to try the magnets, there are tons of beautiful stick on fingernail decorations that make really cute earrings too.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 10, 2006 08:25 PM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe the two of you could do this for others, like the ones who are good at rewigging, I know people would be interested in this, esp since you can turn most earrings into magnatic earrings.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will post a tutorial if it works out well. The magnets should be here next week. We ordered a big batch of them for Warhammer 40k models.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh a tutorial would be awesome! Do you know how thick the plastic is by the ear? I would worry about the earring being off center some how. How do you plan to get them to stick? Any special kind of glue? Oh and you don't have to answer that now, if you'd rather wait til you post the tutorial.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Right now, I am considering an epoxy glue, or a two part epoxy putty. It may not work out, but it seems well worth the try. I am with you, I would love to see earrings as an option.

thepidget

How do Addy and Josefina's earrings stay in? I don't own them (at least not yet?), so I'm not sure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Claire's accessories has Magnetic earrings that are really pretty. Once you get the strong magnets in place inside the head, you could use their earrings on the outside of the head.

Cool idea!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by thepidget:
    How do Addy and Josefina's earrings stay in? I don't own them (at least not yet?), so I'm not sure.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm pretty sure the vinyl's pierced, but I don't own those dolls either ...

Also, chiming in to say that yes, it would be fantastically easy to add magnet's to a doll's head.

Anywhere you wanted, really. You could give her a nose or eyebrow piercing that way if you really wanted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast