Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Emily IS the next friend doll!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm. Jess AND Emily can't both be red-heads, can they?

This makes me very sad, I was hoping they would both have red hair. I know to me there are a zillion different shades of red hair, and I'd love to have an AG to represent each, but I can see most parents, "Didn't we just buy you Jess, who also has red hair?" But, Maybe they'll just have different face molds, and different red hair, and Emily's will be short with blue eyes, and Jess's can be long with green or hazel eyes.

So I guess one of them probably wont have red hair, :'(. I don't think I'll get Jess if she doesn't have red hair, especially now after I've convinced myself she WILL have red hair, lol.

Oh well, excited for Emily anyway! I don't like Molly's looks, but I do like a lot of her clothes, so this will give me a doll to put her clothes on, lol! And a British doll at that!

Anyone have any thoughts on how they'll write her story? A parallel to Happy Birthday, Molly! in Emily's pov? Or maybe (what I hope), Molly goes to visit Emily a few years later in England, but that would be more about Molly seeing just how different it was for Emily than really about Emily, huh? Anyone?

Dancingfewl423

I don't mean to be a downer, but I'm actually really annoyed about this. I grew up as a little girl picturing Linda and Susan, and I'm annoyed that they were shoved out because AG can't be bothered to make two dolls. They are Molly's rightful Best Friends, and lots of little girls have two best friends. Emily only popped in and out for a brief spring - barely more than a month. Grrrrrrrrrrr..... [img]mad.gif[/img]

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 31, 2005 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Dancingfewl423 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*I* think they will probably go in order of the way the initial dolls were released [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

and that *most likely* they will release a doll and a movie each year now. Of course thats just *my* thoughts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's great news! I expected Emily to be released next since when I met Valerie Tripp in September she was working on Emily's book. Could they be trying to push the "less popular" dolls? (As far as sales go.) I think it's pretty much confirmed that Kit is a higher seller than Molly, and the same with Felicity. I never thought Felicity would get the kind of attention she's getting now! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Nevertheless, I love WW2 and I'd be very excited for a Molly movie! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mareyjones5

Wow, exciting news! I bet she will be beautiful! I just hope they don't change her short red/brown hair to blonde. We already have two short hair blondes - Kit and Nellie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm actually a little dissappointed - I was REALLY looking forward to Ruthie & a Kit movie. But Molly's been around longer so she's got first dibs - I can accept that.

True that she's not so popular, like Felicity, but she hasn't been shoved aside for so many years - out of the catalog and everything - the way Felicity has. They've been planning a remake for Felicity for a long time. A few years before the Samantha movie came out, I was told Felicity was going to have new clothes or at least her old ones were going to be rereleased. Do you think AG has been planning Molly for that long too?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But Nellie isn't blond.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Molly is going to start saving her pennies now!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] So is my dd's Molly! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lea

[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by FelinaDoon:
    But Nellie isn't blond.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have never seen Nellie in person, but I honestly would not call her a redhead either. Nellie is at best a strawberry blonde. So that would make her both. But then, that is just my opinion. No matter what way you look at it, Nellie is NOT a redhead in the way Felicity is, either now OR PM. So it ultimatley is a matter of perception.

With that in mind, if AG were to stay close to Emilys appearence from the books, she would come out looking similar to Nellie. So Im not sure what they will do there. Perhaps they will make a new shade of dark blonde or light brown. I cant remember her eye color, but another hazel-eyed doll would be nice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We picked Nellie Up for my Niece, Not sure if wig colors vary, but definatly more red then blond