Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Emily IS the next friend doll!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So I'm guessing that she will be released next year about the same time Elizabeth was in time for the holidays? Did your friend have anything to say about that?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dancingfewl423, I have to agree with you. I'm sure will end up getting Emily anyway, and I know the companion book will make her character likeable, but at this point I am also disappointed. I would LOVE to have Linda and Susan dolls, but I know they wouldn't be marketable for AG. Mainly, I simply never liked Emily's character at all. Then again, I didn't particularly like the character of Elizabeth, but they changed her enough so that I like the new Elizabeth. Maybe they'll do the same thing with Emily...and now that I know there will be no Linda and Susan I'll make 'em myself. AGT25 was already mentioned for Linda and I think AGT21 would make a good Susan, even though her hair is curlier.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Head is simply spinning at the thopught of so many new dolls. Actually I wish they would slow down already. YIKES

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

**FelinaDoon**

My Head is simply spinning at the thopught of so many new dolls. Actually I wish they would slow down already. YIKES
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree. I was actually thinking the same thing. It kinda takes away from the specialness when they are coming up with so many dolls so close together.

Of course I will still buy her when she comes out [img]wink.gif[/img] LOL I just wish they would slpw down a bit.<marquee>So many dolls..... so little money!!!</marquee>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by FelinaDoon:
    We picked Nellie Up for my Niece, Not sure if wig colors vary, but definatly more red then blond
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I dont want to start a debate over something so silly, but with hair like Nellie's, I think it really is a matter of perception, not fact. Its not like Samanthas hair where its a definite brown, LOL. And in every picture I see of Nellie, I think of her as a strawberry blonde. In fact, her entire look-the hair color and cut, eyes and skin-look exactly like a friend of mine from high school who always insisted she was a strawberry blonde and not an actual redhead. So Im sure that has something do with it. Haircolor just varies, whether its a wig or real life. Mine was dyed very light for quite sometime and even though it was dyed a blondish color, the natural reddish tones in my hair made it look different. And depending on who you asked, I was a light brunette, dark blonde or reddish blonde, LOL

I know Im not the only one one who thinks that of Nellie either. But thats just my thoughts on her. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. *shrugs*

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 31, 2005 10:26 PM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, strawberry blonde is considered (and genetically) "redhead." Just as there are varying shades of brown or blonde, there are varying shades of red, strawberry being one of them.
    Nellie is most definitely strawberry blonde, and her hair is really different than Kit or #21, who are blonde (platnum & honey, respectively).

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 31, 2005 10:33 PM: Message edited by: jrtmom3274 ]</font>

ponydreamer

I have a hard time thinking of Nellie as anything but blonde. Her hair color is very close to mine, and I'm not really a strawberry blonde. I wish Nellie would have had more red hair.

Inactive Member MareGathersDolls's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know what to think, to be honest. My Molly gets a little ignored. In fact, I need to buy her some AG clothes. So I guess it'll be nice to bring her back into my focus next year. But on the other hand, I really, really love Kit and would love to see her get the spotlight for awhile, even though she's already a best seller. Though Molly and Samantha are too and they're getting movies. As long as she's done nice, I wont' complain, but I still hold out hope for friends dolls for ALL of the girls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL, Im really not trying to get into technicalities here. Im simply saying people will look at haircolor and define it in the way they see it. Some shades of strawberry blonde vary to the point where they are more one than the other. I could care less what someone defines Nellies hair as. Im simply saying how it looks to me and how it might look to others. Its a color that varies on who looks at it. And I dont think someone can go out and say this is what it is and everyone else is wrong, no matter what the definitions are. I think Nellies hair is totally in the middle and I dont think of her as either a redhead or a blonde. And I dont think Im wrong for having that opinion just because someone else defines her hair as blonde or red. So while the books may say Im wrong for that opinion, thats simply how I see her hair. LOL, thats all. Its just hair.

No matter what way ya slice it, I dont know how they will do Emily. Emily looks more like the Nellie doll than the orginal drawings of her in Sams books. Again, thats just my opinion.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 31, 2005 10:37 PM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by likewow:
    Mainly, I simply never liked Emily's character at all.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I feel the same way. I've been a Molly fan for 16 years and have read her series more times than I want to admit. [img]redface.gif[/img] The birthday story with Emily is my least favorite. Emily is a likeable character because of all she had gone through, but she gets downright bossy during the whole birthday debate. And she's just not in the books nearly enough to be thought of as Molly's best friend. Linda and Susan and Molly were thought of as one person--the first book shows how close they were, even down to what they would dress as for Halloween. It makes me worry that Emily will be the main focus in the movie, and that would just not make it true to the books at all. (Because, when you think about it, Samantha's movie was HIGHLY about Nellie--I just can't picture them doing the same with Molly/Emily and still seeming like the Molly series.)

I guess the good news is that it gives me an reason not to want another AG doll--not just because they are using the same face molds, but also because it needed to be Linda and/or Susan. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]