Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Emily IS the next friend doll!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree that hair color is a matter of your own opinion. I consider Nellie to have strawberry blonde hair. To me this is red, because I love red hair, so I was just glad to see another doll with hair in the red family. But it is also quite blonde. Now that I have Elizabeth, their hair colors are pretty similar. I think it can go either way, but to me it's red because I like red hair [img]wink.gif[/img] .

Either way, the ginger of Emily's hair in the books looks to be MUCH darker than Nellie's hair, closer to Mattel Felicity's, so they'll probably make it more like that but a bit redder. Hopefully that means that Jess could also have red hair, maybe carrot red. They really are very different. I've been thinking lately that Jess would be tooo cute with Lindsay Lohan's true hair color and hazel eyes. And then Emily would look pretty different.

Emily in the books has ginger hair and pale blue eyes. This probably means a new eye color. Honestly, I think the Josefina face mold will be perfect for both her and Ruthie (especially Ruthie) given their illustrations in the books.

For Emily they might make a new face mold, Kaya's would look VERY ODD, since she's supposed to be incredibly small and skinny, and Kaya's face is pretty chubby. I would love to see something like the Josefina face with a closed mouth smile. But, I definitely think Ruthie should have the Josefina mold.

It's going to be interesting to see what they do, they can't keep using the Josefina face mold for everyone. It's getting boring. I have 6 dolls, and half of them have this face mold that was once only on one doll!

Inactive Member Pressed_Flowers's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Two British friend dolls in a row...interesting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by PrincessRuthie(Laura):
    Well...they better NOT ruin her!!! Molly will be VERY happy for some new outfits, though!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I second that!

YAY!!!!!!! I'm definaly gettting her!!!!! Now my Molly can have a friend!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any ideas about what "big" item might be released for Molly and Emily, something on a par with Sam and Nellie's sleigh or Felicity and Elizabeth's coach?

Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if there will be a movie for Molly and Emily. I sure hope Ag comes up with some cute clothes for these dolls. There is so much they could do with this area. I was born in 1945. My Mother made all of my clothes and some were adorable.

monimarine

DD will be disappointed. She was hoping for a Kit movie. Guess it's a good thing we made our own Ruthie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So far, I haven't really liked any of the friends dolls. They will have to make a really, really good Emily for me to get her. I am really disappointed they didn't make one of Molly's best friends, who are in all of her books instead of the girl who is a friend of Molly's for about 3 weeks.

This news makes me wish I had bought Lindsey and Kailey, who I passed up because I only wanted Historicals, because it looks like my next doll will be Jess (if I like her. I guess since I don't have all the LEs she will be easy to pass up too), rather than a friend, who have all been pretty disappointing to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if AGs decision to make an Emily doll is based on the theme of her books. It would be foolish of AG to have a World War II doll and ignore the one character who actually experienced the War. There are just too many "good" story lines to ignore- the London Blitz- travel to a new country, going to a new school ( with boys!) fear for those left behind. Mollys birthday book
    seems to say that Emily is very new to the USA.
    Elizabeth's story was fun to read -but it answered no real questions about her future. It was a bit of fluff. If the girls were a few years older it could have been re written as a Regency- with Felicity falling in love with the titled aristocrat because they both loved horses.
    Ruthies book would have lacked a serious theme unless there were some changes in her life. The same with Linda and Susan.
    I think that AG will have two themes with the friends:
    1/ She is sooo Beautiful with such a great wardrobe and lifestyle- I want it all ( Elizabeth
    Ruthie)
    2/ She has had a tough life- I want to buy her everything ( Nellie. Emily)
    I think that AG will alternate the themes

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't know if this will settle Nellie's hair debate, but I'm a definite blonde (like Kit) and I have a friend who's a definite redhead (like Felicity). At the end of the summer our hair is the same strawberry-blonde color. Maybe there is some variance in wig colors, because our Nellie is definitely more blonde than red - more like blonde with reddish highlights. You can even see the red strands in the wig.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I'm disappointed, I wanted the next movie to be about Kit. Also, because I have most of Kit's items already in hiding! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Now, I really don't want to ruffle any feathers here, but Mattel's decision to do a Molly movie before Kit could be a politically based decision as well. Showcase a Molly/Emily/WWII connection in support of the current US/Iraq war and Britain's (Tony Blair's) support of the U.S.

I am sure a lot of little girls who have parents (both moms and dads) overseas will definitely relate to Molly which can only be a good thing.

Laurie