Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

I know a lot of people (like me!) were curious about the quality of the new Target, Our Generation dolls, clothes, and accessories. So I made my poor boyfriend drive to all of the Targets around town until we found what we wanted. There was tons of cute new stuff, for instance, the little dogs in carriers now have super cute houses and accessories, there's a neat bath tub set. I was tempted to get one doll just because she came with a pea coat (PEA COAT) but I didn't ;0. I decided to pick up the cheerleading outfit.

REVIEW:

For $10, this outfit is pretty good. The little sweatshirt is fleece and zip-up, the t-shirt is cotton, but fairly detailed. The skirt is super cute - or would have been if the packaging hadn't wrinkled it so badly it really needed an iron. The pom poms get the job done. They aren't as good as AG pom poms, but good for a little kid. The duffel bag was a little flimsy. It had a zipper, but I don't see what the point is because it's so small. Finally, the shoes are much more detailed than OG shoes used to be, with lots of design and even real shoelaces. HOWEVER, they are still hard plastic. I fit one on my doll's foot, but the plastic was so unweildy I didn't want to try a second.

Review: B +, would have been better if not for the shoes and the wrinkled skirt. A + on price, though - you get a lot for your money!

Album: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2103361599

Donna Cotterman

Thanks for the information. I will have to find a Target Store and check the dolls out.
    ^j^ Mrs. C.

T. Lynn

I was just there yesterday and purchased an outfit for my daughter's doll. The outfit was only $9.99 and really cute. She also liked the spa chair, which was $19.99. We spent enough money that day so I told her it would have to wait. The only thing I didn't like about it was it didn't have a seat restraint like AG does. That could be easily fixed though.

I'm so tempted to buy it next week instead of the $49 AG chair...although, I like having originals. What do you think?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My daughter has become a bit of an "american girl snob", where she only wants true ag items. A couple of weeks ago she went through all her doll clothes and got rid of anything that was not American Girl. We did compromise on the OG horse because I thought $30 was enough to spend on something like that. I won't by her anything from other sites or stores now because she won't play with it. If you want the American Girl chair because you want to stay true to your collection, go for it.

By the way, for $10 I think the cheerleading outfit is adorable. You could get almost 3 for the price of the American Girl one and have a little squad which is probably what I would have done before she made up her mind to keep it all original.

Kalisa

Cute cheerleading outfit. That is our school colors too! [img]smile.gif[/img]

emsmombuysdolls

I thought my DD (and Kit) were the only purists around! Good to know I have company. I will try out the clothes from Target, but the last time I picked up thier clothes they didn't fit really well.

Mrs C- I laughed when you questioned the purple AG cheer outfit! When DD first saw it, she was jumping for joy! It is the same color of the squad she cheers for and purple is her favorite color. I was getting a kick out of the contrast of the reactions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Checked those out yesterday,too.
    Pretty cute for OG stuff.
    Right on the front of the package they say"Fits American Girl dolls".
    One of the dolls is a Marisol type doll.
    Sure wish the shoes were better quality,but then would probably drive up the prices.
    We have pretty much stuck to the AG brand stuff,but some of it is tempting and that cheerleader outfit is really very cute.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How cute is that cheerleading outfit? I think that we will have to get some. I have resisted allowing DD to get multiples of outfits due to the cost but for $10 sure! You can get 5 so you can have a team.

I will have to figure something out about shoes. We have enough sneakers but we like our cheer squad to have all the same sneakers if possible (or maybe that's me [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Lara

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never cared for the OG outfits before, but this time I bought every outfit but the fancy one. All of them look so much better on an AG than they do in the package. I don't plan to get the ones on the dolls though since I don't want to spend extra money for a doll that I would just get rid of. I took pictures yesterday of my girls in their new school clothes and am trying to get my album up now.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 10, 2006 11:23 AM: Message edited by: sew*4*AG ]</font>

Donna Cotterman

I like the new AG cheerleading outfit... but don't know of any teams with colors of white and lavender. ^j^ Mrs. C.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast