Thread: Marymax, about your doll rooms...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do you have them set up in your house? I loved your kitchen for dolls album. I'm trying to decide how I want my, um, doll play area to be set up. My hubby can build anything, but I want him to have an idea of what I'd like. I was just curious if that is one room box, or if you have a stacked area, or an area in a separate room?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol..........the room, the room has been moved from one end of the house to the other....it is very big as you can see, it holds a lot of stuff...but it also folds. The sides fold in and it can be stored....lets face it, there is just not enough room for all the stuff....right now I have it in the basement..only because prior to that it was in my living room so I could take pics...the lighting was best in my living room. Now that it is in the basement DH installed some track lighting for pictures...If you need more info, pm me I will be happy to share any info I have...
    By the way it is all one room, I just change it.I use magnets for wall hangings so nothing is permanent..
    Mary

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 11, 2006 08:54 AM: Message edited by: marymax ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aaaaaaah, marymax's rooms.....I could look at them all day! That kitchen is the living end -- and the Christmas room is amazing. What I wouldn't give!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Marymax, I'd LOVE more info on how you made your room(s) and the whole magnet thing, if and when you have time.

I love Meg's doll rooms and originally wanted to make each doll one of those, but with all the historicals but Kaya, and Kaya coming end of this month... I'd need a mansion to have all that set up, and what I have is a 650 square foot house. If I could make one or two simple foldable "rooms" with more possibilities for decorating, that'd be awesome.

Please, please share if you're up for it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will take pictures for you ladies and post them tomorrow and I will give you instructions and tips on where to get things and how to make things.......I just got home after spending the day with my very pregnant daughter....she has been on bedrest for three months, yesterday was her first day out. We had planned on going out to lunch and shopping for a new stroller...on her way to my house she got into a car accident...smashed the front of her car and we spent the afternoon in the hospital just making sure everything was okay and it was....so today we shopped for baby stroller...I promise I will get all the info you ladies need

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good grief! I wouldn't want her out and about! So dangerous to be in a car wreck in her condition! I'm glad she's ok!

megaagfan1

OH MY!! I'm glad she & the baby are ok.

I can't wait to see the pics of the doll houses!

AG Crazy in Wyoming

Thank goodness she and the baby are fine. So sorry to hear you and she have been put through such trauma. Babies are such a blessing aren't they! I'm putting my "room" build on hold, until I see your notes. The fold-up aspect is a nice touch. I'm working on Sam's front porch, but it is meant to be sturdy (heavy) because we plan to leave it outside to play with. Take your time getting your post ready. ~Bugs

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How scary- I'm so glad your daughter and baby are OK!

I look forward to the pictures and instructions- I've always admired your doll rooms.